Camera Shutter Speed

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I know I will get biased opinions in this section of the forums, but I need honest answers on the shutter speed. One of the things I disliked about my G2 was how slow the shutter was indoors. I'm talking 6 or 7 seconds to actually take the pic; it was ridiculous.

Do the G3 have a faster shutter indoors? I know it's not going to be as fast as my M8, but something in the neighborhood would be nice.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I tried getting a shot indoors of an active dog and out of seven or eight attempts, only one was passable. In between tapping to take the shot, and the shutter firing, the dog would move. I think it was more a dog problem than a shutter delay one though.

Posted via Android Central App

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It takes a second or two to focus in low-light, however, I never really had an issue with the G2's focus time either.

No. It's no where near as fast as the M8. It's not even close. That phone focuses almost like a DSLR camera. It's crazy fast.

Edit: But I hated the pictures that the M8 produced. I'd rather it took a second or two to focus and give me a great picture, then to immediately give me 10 crappy ones.