Serious sound issues through LG G3 headphone jack/AUX!

j-dogg_69

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Forgot to say in my other post - When I have a regular AUX cable plugged in, if anything touches the jack plugged into the phone, the music either stops or launches Google now. Anyone else getting that? Really infuriating. Feel like that must be a hardware problem rather than software?

OmegaBigAxiom

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
You should try out the app "SoundAbout" and set everything to no action (activate all three criterias).
Everything is alright with my phone now, after installing the app.
cheers

OmegaBigAxiom

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
You should try out the app "SoundAbout" and set everything to no action (activate all three criterias).
Everything is alright with my phone now, after installing the app.
cheers ;)

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm thankful that I have none of the audio issues described in this thread (so far). Used and tried the following:

Regular cheap AUX cable. '10 - Venza; '10 - Accord
SMS, Beats, Bose, and SOL headphones

jeversion1

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
Its been happening less the more I do the trick I talked about earlier. Its like its learning that I tend to use music once I connect it to the cable or something.Weird. I almost still want to return it. Would that be wrong?

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Forgot to say in my other post - When I have a regular AUX cable plugged in, if anything touches the jack plugged into the phone, the music either stops or launches Google now. Anyone else getting that? Really infuriating. Feel like that must be a hardware problem rather than software?
I'm having the same problem

sent from my LG G3

RobinY

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with it not connecting to my car stereo. I read somewhere that someone licked the end before connecting to their LG G3 (I think it was this thread actually), and it worked for them. So why not, I'll try licking the end of my $4 aux cable before connecting to my LG G3, and it worked!

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I would have to think that the units in question are simply defective.
My aux jack works like it's designed to: Headphones, Aux input for car, single ear earbud w/microphone, small stand alone powered speaker, all with no issues.
There has got to be a way to return these units, no one should have to go through this BS.

j-dogg_69

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm heading by Carphone Warehouse in a few minutes to query getting a replacement device/what they'll offer to do about it. Will update with what happens.

Update: They couldn't have been less interest. Two 'kids' were all that were running the shop today, Doubt they could have told me what make and model the phone was never mind offer any kind of assistance. Told me to contact LG as my phone is over the 28 period (but not interested that I took out their £15 a month 'Geek Squad' cover. Chose not to cancel it until I've figured out this audio problem). They told me to contact LG directly. Suggest everyone with this problem do the same so that they know there is an issue.

Last edited:

kwami42

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been having this issue with my stereo but not my car. I tried beginning to play music and then plugging it into the switched on stereo and it worked. Only tried once though.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I would have to think that the units in question are simply defective.
My aux jack works like it's designed to: Headphones, Aux input for car, single ear earbud w/microphone, small stand alone powered speaker, all with no issues.
There has got to be a way to return these units, no one should have to go through this BS.

I assure you it's not a defective G3. I got my first one replaced and the replacement is exactly the same. If you connect to your stereo via audio cord, consider yourself lucky if your stereo has no issues with the G3. If you have no personal technical problem, please do not dismiss the many users that DO have an issue.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Again, it seems to depend on whether your particular stereo wants to "see" an audio input connected before it will function. Another case of designers and engineers making things unnecessarily complicated.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You're trying to hard to find issue with my post.
But I will concede and agree that there is nothing wrong with any of the phones in question.
Carry on and enjoy!

I assure you it's not a defective G3. I got my first one replaced and the replacement is exactly the same. If you connect to your stereo via audio cord, consider yourself lucky if your stereo has no issues with the G3. If you have no personal technical problem, please do not dismiss the many users that DO have an issue.

Try Stonerr

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
G3 has smart resistance that can have bad data. Clear cache and problem goes away. settings - general tab - storage - let finish calculating and tap on "cache". Problem fixed!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21