Debating on joining Andriod w/LG G3

Tim Weatherby

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
What frustrates me is the 3 big hardware players have the technology i think to make a complete phone but they bait us giving us a little bit more every year. Apple i think most of all. Im sure apple has tech that they could release now that they will release 5 yrs from now just so they can keep the product going. We are all sheeple addicted to gadgets and these companies got the carrot dangling in our face saying good boy come get it. 😄 Am i right?

Posted via Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
What frustrates me is the 3 big hardware players have the technology i think to make a complete phone but they bait us giving us a little bit more every year. Apple i think most of all. Im sure apple has tech that they could release now that they will release 5 yrs from now just so they can keep the product going. We are all sheeple addicted to gadgets and these companies got the carrot dangling in our face saying good boy come get it. 😄 Am i right?

To an extent your no doubt right :) its business after all.

Tim Weatherby

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Example is i just got the G3. 10 months from now it will be the waterproof g4 with 16 mega pixel camera with 14 times zoom. Just stringing along. I know you dont have to buy it but wish they could go a little longer on the product cycles so you dont feel like you are missing out when they release new version right after you bought your phone.

flotto

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm gonna buy one tonight. I get 14 days with At&t. If I hate it I can get the GS5 or go back to my Lumia 1020.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
And if there is carrot-dangling, you do get to eat the carrot. I like carrots....or to be more precise, I like eating them.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Switched from a Galaxy S4.
LG G3 is by far the best device I've oned.
Wouldn't buy another Samsung device with all that KNOX crap and didn't buy my wife one when ready to upgrade.
I bought my wife a LG G2 a few weeks ago on Swappa.
I got my LG G3 on Swappa, Monday.
"Ain't nothing but a G thang".

Tim Weatherby

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Flotto. Good purchase. What do you mean by the apps aren't comparably? I think i might know what you mean, but to answer your question can you clarify?

flotto

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Flotto. Good purchase. What do you mean by the apps aren't comparably? I think i might know what you mean, but to answer your question can you clarify?

ESPN Scorecenter and OneNote say not comparable with my device when I go to download

chrisoldroyd

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I've just pulled the trigger on a Black 32GB LG G3, should have it tomorrow. Making the switch from an iPhone so expect some pain then enlightenment :)

Cheers
Chris

flotto

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I've just pulled the trigger on a Black 32GB LG G3, should have it tomorrow. Making the switch from an iPhone so expect some pain then enlightenment :)

Cheers
Chris
I had only iPhones got the past 4yearsthen a Windows phone for 6months. I feel like I'm learning a whole new language with android.

Tim Weatherby

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Flotto. Yes had that issue with Sportscenter. Problem solved. Go to your settings and then go to security. Then check the box that says unknown sources. This allows you to get apps from other sources. I got sportscenter from http://m.appszoom.com/android_applications/espn+?q=espn+&ref=

Appszoom will let you download it. Click on the app in appzoom then you will see download. Download it and it under your app listings there will be a downloads app. Click that and you will see it there. Click and install. Whala! You should be able to do that with other apps not in google play because of your kickass phones screen resolution. Enjoy you G3!

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
recently bought an lg g2 because of a workplace requirement. windows phone for 3 years prior. still using my ativ s along with my new lg g2. you're right...it is like learning a new language. i do like cortana better than google now and would use her if available for android. i agree with
the wish that the 2 os's could be combined.
I had only iPhones got the past 4yearsthen a Windows phone for 6months. I feel like I'm learning a whole new language with android.