Should I return LG G3 under insurance??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Should I return under insurance??

106F still isn't that unusual, especially when setting up a phone and installing so many apps at a time. Are you getting any warnings from the phone?

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

106F still isn't that unusual, especially when setting up a phone and installing so many apps at a time. Are you getting any warnings from the phone?

I did not.

Phone came with a scratch and shorted out charger so I am sending it back again....ugh... This is ridiculous. I have my heart set on this phone that I will not have until Tuesday at the earliest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Was able to get one at the store this morning! :) Going to ship off my returned device on Monday and I bought an otterbox. Let's hope that I don't have to do this again!

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I believe the hissing of the charger is normal. My sister's charger does the same thing on her LG G3. I hear it as well, usually when it's on the charger and I'm messing with the phone. My Note 2 did the same thing too. Annoying but could be worse. Good luck on your exchange.

Posted via Android Central App

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

How's it going for you this time round ?

Charger doesn't make any extra sounds... so that is good...

Doesn't seem to heat up though I've been working since I got it so I haven't had time to mess with it.

I'll start messing with it in about an hour and then later I'll tell you how my first day went. :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Charger doesn't make any extra sounds... so that is good...

Doesn't seem to heat up though I've been working since I got it so I haven't had time to mess with it.

I'll start messing with it in about an hour and then later I'll tell you how my first day went. :)

Sounding positive is this a case of 3rd time lucky? Lol

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Sounding positive is this a case of 3rd time lucky? Lol

It is. Doesn't overheat or anything woo hoo! Now just waiting on my otterbox

Sent from my T-Mobile Carrier locked LG G3 without root or anything.

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

It is. Doesn't overheat or anything woo hoo! Now just waiting on my otterbox

How warm is it? Mine is quite noticeable and cpu is sitting around 120-140 (50-60c) degrees with normal use. Not the battery, only the top part of the phone (cpu I suppose)

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

How warm is it? Mine is quite noticeable and cpu is sitting around 120-140 (50-60c) degrees with normal use. Not the battery, only the top part of the phone (cpu I suppose)

I noticed mine getting warm yesterday when viewing a 720p rip. Not sure if it's the vid or not because the 2k sample vid that comes pre-installed doesn't make the phone warm at all.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, mine was a little warm at the top of the phone but overall, it was about 96*F when I went to download all of my apps.

I noticed mine getting warm yesterday when viewing a 720p rip. Not sure if it's the vid or not because the 2k sample vid that comes pre-installed doesn't make the phone warm at all.

Not sure.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Are you still having trouble down there in Alabammy? I've got 87°F battery, 107°F CPU, and my usage at the moment is light. Your temps seem okay to me.
(Looks like the reason your first replacement was so quick was they had one they wanted to get rid of.)

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Noticed that my phone gets hot from heavy usage. My Samsung Galaxy S3 also did the same. I think its normal.

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Are you still having trouble down there in Alabammy? I've got 87°F battery, 107°F CPU, and my usage at the moment is light. Your temps seem okay to me.
(Looks like the reason your first replacement was so quick was they had one they wanted to get rid of.)

I have this with light usage too and with standby. What's with heavy usage? Mine gets around 130-140. Battery is not hot at all luckily.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have this with light usage too and with standby. What's with heavy usage? Mine gets around 130-140. Battery is not hot at all luckily.

Light usage at the time was just browsing and texting forums for a while. Next time I use more heavily I'll see what temperatures I get.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Great! It isn't that hot finally.
Noticed that my phone gets hot from heavy usage. My Samsung Galaxy S3 also did the same. I think its normal.
Maybe who knows.
Light usage at the time was just browsing and texting forums for a while. Next time I use more heavily I'll see what temperatures I get.

Good luck.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Now this one seems to be overheating after taking it outside once at Hilton Head Island, SC. It was hot when I took it outside yesterday but it has been inside 99.99999% of the time...

I didn't even use it much since I woke up before GSam was notifying me.
e7y4etus.jpg

hepybuve.jpg

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Could it have been struggling to find a good wifi signal when you took it outside, if you were on wifi at the time? Also, the temps don't seem too bad to me....under 100°F?

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Could it have been struggling to find a good wifi signal when you took it outside, if you were on wifi at the time? Also, the temps don't seem too bad to me....under 100°F?

Yes but now it was off and charging and the temp got over 100*F
se6yve8e.jpg

I don't know of any other phone I would want to trade this phone in and I am not confident in a warranty replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech