Aux Issues

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey there guys! I was just trying to play music from my phone through the Aux cable today and it wouldn't recognize that there was a cable plugged in. I saw a thread over at XDA about this issue where mostly everyone there had the same problem. Is anyone here having this issue?

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Headphones work well, it's not the headphones that won't work it's Auxiliary cables in cars. Is anyone having issues with that?

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I use my headphones with no problem works good.

Note that the OP said AUX. Not headphones. There is no problem listening thru headphones. There are tremendous problems using AUX connection to car stereo. See that xda 23-page thread.
Aux Cable / Headphone Bug - Post #5 - XDA Forum

See my thread on audio issues/AUX posted today.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g3/415737-serious-sound-issues-through-headphone-jack-aux.html

Very, very frustrating for such a simple operation. LG has completely struck-out with this issue.

rahxephon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Those separate issues of static sound and popping noises between tracks are rather worrisome as well. Quite disappointing that LG has not publicly addressed any of these issues this yet. I believe there is at least one apparent rep even posting on the forums.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I think there are relatively few people who play music thru a cord to their car stereo.
Otherwise the board would be flooded with posts on this.
Most people are going to listen to some streaming thru XM or Serius, or pair the phone with Bluetooth.

But for those of us that want the fidelity of using a cord, as opposed to the frequency range limitations of Bluetooth, we have a mess on our hands.

the_newnormal

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hard to imagine aux varies from headphones, but then I suppose phones are smart enough to stuff up the simple things these days. Will have to test this

vwvapor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing issues using headphones also. Someone mentioned static and popping noises?

I have the Sprint version of the G3 and it's not too noticeable when using with passive headphones, but when using active noise-cancelling headphones (ie those separately powered via batteries), the static and popping are extremely apparent and border on painful to the ear.

For comparison, I played the same tracks with noise-cancelling headphones on both my old Samsung S3 and my new LG G3 using the Google music app. Sounds great on the S3 with no interference noises, just the silent hum of the noise cancelling at work. With the LG, unless something is playing, there is a high amount interference. When the track starts, there is a loud *pop*.

Makes sense that most complaints are when running through an externally powered speaker like a car or powered headphones.

I sure hope this isn't a hardware issue. I use my phone for music all the time and the G3 has made me want to listen less and choose different headphones.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same AuX issue just found it yesterday. On XDA I've read they bought newer cables it worked for them. Is there some sort of difference between cables?

Posted via Android Central App

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I just tested mine with Bose QC15 headphones. The hum and pop are there when a song is not playing. The him takes about 1-2 seconds to start after I hit pause. The pop happens when I hit play.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol