Vibrate bug? Only 6 days left to return...

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm starting deal with the fact that this is not the fastest phone in the world, but the features are worth the trade off. On the other hand, I do not want a defective device. I don't know how much lag is normal, but I've asked around as much as I could and assume mine is. But, I've noticed something over the last few days.

When my phone is sitting on my phone stand at work and I get a notification...the phone vibrates. Normal...yes. But what is not normal is randomly near the end of the buzz, the vibration goes stronger and sometimes it just buzzes for like 2 seconds. All randomly. The only possibility I could think of that is causing this is getting multiple hangout messages at once. Buzz buzz:-\ etc. Has anyone experienced this? I only have 6 days left to return it.

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm starting deal with the fact that this is not the fastest phone in the world, but the features are worth the trade off. On the other hand, I do not want a defective device. I don't know how much lag is normal, but I've asked around as much as I could and assume mine is. But, I've noticed something over the last few days.

When my phone is sitting on my phone stand at work and I get a notification...the phone vibrates. Normal...yes. But what is not normal is randomly near the end of the buzz, the vibration goes stronger and sometimes it just buzzes for like 2 seconds. All randomly. The only possibility I could think of that is causing this is getting multiple hangout messages at once. Buzz buzz:-\ etc. Has anyone experienced this? I only have 6 days left to return it.

Thanks.

If it were me, I would do a factory reset and see if that fixes the vibrate issues.

As for any lag, you can see if turning down the animations might help speed things up. Go to Settings>About device>tap on Build Number several times (you should see a toast notification saying 'you are x steps from being a developer'. Keep tapping until you see 'you are now a developer'. Back out one step to Settings. You should now see Developer Options. Click that, and scroll until you see Window, Transition, and Animation scales, and turn those down to .5. See if that helps with the lag.

khodr.chehab

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
When are you experiencing the lad? What apps will you be running at the time you experience the lag?

I'm an average user who came from s4, and I don't experience any lag and I do notice a major difference between the g3 & s4!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry guys, I don't want to clutter the thread with the wrong subject... But just to answer your question, it mostly lags when I'm in and out of apps. My biggest issue is choppy animations though. I'll try speeding them up and seeing if that helps.

But yeah, the vibrate thing is weird. I'll try the factory reset.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine seems to vibrate different depending on which type of notification. I didn't change my animations just disabled everything I never use that got rid of choppiness for me. Mine is very smooth.

Posted via Android Central App

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
There are these options in the settings:
a2ehy6uh.jpg

Mav. :cool:

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
There are these options in the settings:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/25/a2ehy6uh.jpg
Mav. :cool:

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

I appreciate that...but let me try to explain better. I receive a message via hangouts or text...90% of the time it does the right thing. The other 10% it starts to vibrate right, but near the end it speeds up / increases strength or does a couple of weird buggy type vibs.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate that...but let me try to explain better. I receive a message via hangouts or text...90% of the time it does the right thing. The other 10% it starts to vibrate right, but near the end it speeds up / increases strength or does a couple of weird buggy type vibs.

Is this with the default messaging app?

Edit - nevermind you said hangouts as well... Hmm...

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

Can you have hangouts and text on at the same time

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie