Washed out pictures in low light

Chregu

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I have my G3 only bought recently. I'm very happy with it so far, but while the camera quality is great in light, I noticed terribly washed out pictures in low light.

Here are two examples (I think the first one is really terrible):

20140723_213405_Android.jpg

20140723_214951_Android.jpg

They are also too bright, they don't need to be brighter than pictures that are taken with a little bit more light.

Did any of you notice the same? Any ways of changing that?

Thanks in advance!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would try HDR mode and see if it helps when taking photos when you're in those conditions.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
They look okay to me but I don't know what the original scenes looked like and what you were hoping for. It may be possible with a future update or app to use manual settings.

Posted via Android Central App

Chregu

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
They look okay to me but I don't know what the original scenes looked like and what you were hoping for. It may be possible with a future update or app to use manual settings.

If you look at the upper one in its original size, focus on the two guys sitting to the left, or on the leaves on the trees. Everything is extremely washed out, there are no details at all, it looks like balls of colors were arranged to represent a scene.

Maybe the G3 applies a filter to cover ISO grain or something, I don't like this at all. It reminds me of one of these old Photoshop filters to give a picture a painted look.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If you look at the upper one in its original size, focus on the two guys sitting to the left, or on the leaves on the trees. Everything is extremely washed out, there are no details at all, it looks like balls of colors were arranged to represent a scene.

Maybe the G3 applies a filter to cover ISO grain or something, I don't like this at all. It reminds me of one of these old Photoshop filters to give a picture a painted look.

Ah, I think I know what you're referring to...the processing artefacts that the G3 adds to pictures taken in low light. I haven't done any low light photography with mine yet but I have heard of this effect...described just as you've said, detail disappearing into impressionistic blobs.

RumpRoast

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the same thing the other night while taking pics of my kids in the car using the dome light as a light source. Looks to me like LG's software is too aggressive with the post processing to the point that the over sharpening is making the picture look artificial. Daytime photos is on par if not better than my old Lumia 920, which makes me happy. Let's hope LG addresses this with an update soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol