LG G3 Keep or close all apps in the background?

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Especially after 6-9 apps.

Didn't found any good answer about that, only debates.

Any good suggestion?

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Keep or close all apps in the background?

I'm thinking about it because my phone sometimes tends to redraw the home screen which is really annoying and I think it's because of the way too many apps on the background.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

When does it redraw the homescreen? If you just exited out of a big app (like a complex game), it may be that the launcher app had to be closed by the system in order to make room for the game. Once you exit out of the game, the launcher reopens, which means it has to redraw.

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

No big apps, only tumblr Facebook or chrome or this forum app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Do you have any Developer Options turned on? Specifically, the one that kills apps as soon as you leave it?

Posted via Android Central App

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

I have developer options but I haven't changed anything there - yet. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

How much free RAM is usually available? It would be unusual for a device with at least 2 GB RAM to run low.

Posted via Android Central App

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

Last time when it happened I only had the photos app open nothing else and pressed the home screen.

Now I'm having 400mb free but I have 4-5 apps running, like Photos, Chrome, Whatsapp, AC Forums, Facebook messenger but it's not happening now.

But it already happened to me a few times.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

If you have a lot of apps "open" and some of those apps are syncing in the background, your phone, no matter how much ram, will be slow to address your request. Only sync the apps you MUST have. FB messenger is a huge resource hog.

You can clear open apps all you wish. The only downside is that the phone has to open the app again....basically starting over...losing where you were at...such as you were on page 11 and clearing the app will start you back at page 1.

They say to let android manage the apps. That's fine if your multitasking between apps all the time. There's no problem with that as android does a good job at shuffling resources. But clearing apps, does in fact, make your phone run smoother but only until you start opening apps again. With that said, B. Diddy has steered you in the right direction by saying let android manage them.

Your home screen redraw is most likely from an app your using. If the game (or app) your playing/using is using Open GL for it's graphics, your home screen might redraw here and there as it has to switch graphics drivers. It happens on all phones. Even the iPhone....I know cause I have one. But most likely it's FB. FB loves to take over your phone.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Jei Stronfa

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I think that lg g3 is a bullsh... Always keep closing bacjground apps in example y i am playing i just go back to facebook chat and then go back to the game and taraannn!!! The game restarts....its not ok for the so call best phone.....something us bad it always happen with every single app that didnt happen with my 2gb lg optimus

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think that lg g3 is a bullsh... Always keep closing bacjground apps in example y i am playing i just go back to facebook chat and then go back to the game and taraannn!!! The game restarts....its not ok for the so call best phone.....something us bad it always happen with every single app that didnt happen with my 2gb lg optimus
I notice this with a lot of apps and hate it as well. It also makes me crazy that a video won't just keep playing in the background. Even my bb Z10 did that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance