I'm So Weak! New G3 Acquired Today

mikepas

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I am such a weak person! I swore I was going to wait until the late September-to-mid-October time frame to upgrade from my Note 3. I SWORE! But no, my roommate had to go out and get the G3 the other day and cause a serious case of phone envy.

I've got the G3 with T-Mobile and so far I'm rather impressed after just four hours with the device. It's much lighter in the hand than the Note 3 and while the screen is only .2 inches smaller than the Note 3 the phone feels much, much smaller thanks to those wickedly thin bezels!

So, anything I should be on the lookout for issue wise with the T-Mobile LG G3?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I am such a weak person! I swore I was going to wait until the late September-to-mid-October time frame to upgrade from my Note 3. I SWORE! But no, my roommate had to go out and get the G3 the other day and cause a serious case of phone envy.

I've got the G3 with T-Mobile and so far I'm rather impressed after just four hours with the device. It's much lighter in the hand than the Note 3 and while the screen is only .2 inches smaller than the Note 3 the phone feels much, much smaller thanks to those wickedly thin bezels!

Welcome and yes that can and does happen, the Note 4 will be good but what you have with the G3 is great and there is always next year to upgrade again G4 perhaps lol

Don't live in regret, just enjoy :)

Posted via Android Central App

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Weak? Maybe
Smart? Absolutely.

You will not regret your decision.

Not sure of T-Mobile specific concerns. Review this forum a bit.
Let us know if you have any questions.

Mav. :cool:

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Problems include short battery life caused by being unable to put the phone down, eye strain from trying to pick out individual pixels, and an inability to put up with complaints about nonexistent stutter. :D

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 is going to be a great piece of technology, but it will certainly be a lot more than $100 on contract. And feel large in the hand, too.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I no longer trip on buying another device after a short period of time. I enjoy it and could have far worse vices.

Enjoy your G3. It's an awesome device.

Sent from my 20266 using Tapatalk

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 is going to be a great piece of technology, but it will certainly be a lot more than $100 on contract. And feel large in the hand, too.

Yes, the Note 4 is out. Either on contract or unlocked it will be very expensive from what I've read. In comparison the G3, especially with Carphone's recent unlocked price drop here in UK, is favourably priced. I won't quite say Cheap but given the specs I think that wouldn't be far off.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the Note 4 is out. Either on contract or unlocked it will be very expensive from what I've read. In comparison the G3, especially with Carphone's recent unlocked price drop here in UK, is favourably priced. I won't quite say Cheap but given the specs I think that wouldn't be far off.

Yes this but my smartphone addiction may lead to a purchase.

Hmmm wait n see :p

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The s5 was the last Sammy for me until they improve build quality. Touch wiz is getting better but it also still very bad.

Exactly how I feel as well! If LG can make such a well designed device, I know Samsung can make a similar or better one! We shall see!

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I own a note 3 and I'm sitting here deciding between the m8 and g3. I know the note 4 and iPhone 6 will come out soon but that just makes too much sense for me to wait lol.
Honestly, touchwiz is making me think that Android is still laggy when it probably isn't. Also, the s pen and huge screen novelty I think is starting to wear off.
What to do what to do?

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I own a note 3 and I'm sitting here deciding between the m8 and g3. I know the note 4 and iPhone 6 will come out soon but that just makes too much sense for me to wait lol.
Honestly, touchwiz is making me think that Android is still laggy when it probably isn't. Also, the s pen and huge screen novelty I think is starting to wear off.
What to do what to do?

My gf went from the iPhone to the m8 and I went from the iPhone to the G3. They are both great devices and each have their own areas that they excel in. Coming from the iPhone the m8's design is amazing. But the screen quality and screen real estate are what caused 92nd to choose to stay with the G3. Also I'm a big picture person so the camera overall is better on the G3. So for me staying with the G3 was a no brainer and I truly am loving it. I would say look at the major differences and decide on the type of user you are.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
The s5 was the last Sammy for me until they improve build quality. Touch wiz is getting better but it also still very bad.

Only when it's down right.

I used to say that too until I got the M8 and Z2. Both have amazing builds but difficult to handle especially naked, I found them too tall.

This is why I love LG and can't wait to get the G3. They managed to squeezed 5.5" and only slightly bigger than the S5.