Reasons why u chose the g3 over other flagship phones.

bishang

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I chose the G3 because I was getting tired of my Nexus 5. It was cool having a completely stock android experience, but the phone was getting boring.

I've had the S3 and wasn't really interested in getting the S5. And I'm not really a fan of HTC.

The G3 is just such a beautiful phone, and the UI is very nice as well. It's the first phone I haven't thrown Nova Launcher onto, although I did get rid of that SmartTip homepage thing.

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Had the S3 , and really didnt want the S5 it wasn't that big of a jump from the S3 and I wasn't a fan of the M8 . The G3 was nice looking plus it had the features, screen, and battery life I wanted.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I chose the G3 over HTC & the S5 for the following reasons.

G3 has a design & build that supersedes the S5 and IMO on par with htc. OK HTC is perhaps more premium in material choices but in hand feel the G3 is so dam good and also 5.5" Quad HD in this form factor just speaks quality.

The Camera OK the S5 has 16mgp to the G3's 13mgp but overall certain aspects may be on par. Can't be more detailed or make a comparison as I don't have an S5.

The Battery and that its removable.

The little features like knock code and knock on/off and guest mode is handy.

The Ui is a better attempt of an update/refresh than that over the S5 and I preffered it over sense Six although HTC done a great job.

Overall the G3 had more of what I like and look for in a device although just two things swayed me away from the M8 and those were the Nano sim & Camera.

So a good job from HTC and an impressive show from the G3 and the S5 hmmm better luck next time lol.

Posted via Android Central App

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I come from a long lineage of Samsung devices. Hell, I had the A900!! I don't know if you guys remember the razor like flip phone that Samsung made. That thing worked well for me for 4+ years!! My last device was the S3 and since I was due for my 2 year upgrade this year, I decided that I wanted something different other than another Samsung device. I love Sammy devices but I feel like they've become stagnant and complacent with their design. Last year, I had visited my local Sprint store just to browse the phones and play with them. I came across the G2 and LOVED the way it looked and felt. Only thing missing for me was SD card and removable battery. This year, I passed on Samsung and HTC (not a fan as well) and followed the updates and progress of the G3. Got a great deal through BB for my G3 and just bought it since they had no display to play with the first day it was released (July 11) for Sprint. I figured if I didn't like it I would just take it back. Took it home and surprisingly fell in love with everything it offered for my use! From the screen to its features and ease of use to customize, this is hands down a very well made device! It deserves all the praise its been getting! :)

jersysman

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Two things:

1. I'm not really a Samsung fan - so the S5 was out.
2. M8 had a lousy camera, so that also pushed me to the G3.

Those two together were basically why I opted for the G3 and I am glad that I did.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
GS5 -> DOA. It's got the KNOX pox.
M8 -> Glass isn't full face. This means screen protectors have a ridge. Nope.
G3 -> Neither of the above. No KNOX and has glass over the whole front of the phone.

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I bought it for the display, and because I knew how well LG had done with the N5 and G2, and could therefore be trusted to have applied their genius just as effectively to this new device.

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Upgraded from a S3. Didn't want a S5. HTC M8 was an option but after having bad experience with the Thunderbolt, it left a bad taste in our mouths.

The LG G3 was quicker, laser focus, QHD and $99

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Sony Z2 - Love the metal construction and hardware specs and Z1 was on the top of my list when I bought the G2.
Clean UI, 20mp camera. But I found the whole phone just too big. If it were G3 or G2 size it would be perfect.

S5 - the design and feel did nothing for me and not a huge fan of the UI.

HTC M8 - Love the new body and love the metal and the speakers up front... only question mark for me was how good ultra pixel camera over the traditional method of more megapixels the better.

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Im a galaxy fanboy and i owned mostly galaxy line up to Note 3 except for S5. Then i decided to go for M8. Although the build quality is great and the Sense 6 is good..the camera is just ok and the screen size is not for me. I fell inlove with the G3 when i first held it yesterday and traded my M8. I like the fact the button are in the back and very easy to reach, screen is gorgeous and love the size, camera is awesome, the black screen and white combo is nice, detachable battery is a must have for me, speaker is not bad either.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Im a galaxy fanboy and i owned mostly galaxy line up to Note 3 except for S5. Then i decided to go for M8. Although the build quality is great and the Sense 6 is good..the camera is just ok and the screen size is not for me. I fell inlove with the G3 when i first held it yesterday and traded my M8. I like the fact the button are in the back and very easy to reach, screen is gorgeous and love the size, camera is awesome, the black screen and white combo is nice, detachable battery is a must have for me, speaker is not bad either.

There are a lot of Galaxy lovers here including myself! Welcome! :D

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
There are a lot of Galaxy lovers here including myself! Welcome! :D

Only the Note series lol

Seriously I think that the S is going to be replaced with the F and perhaps a new design language hmmm

Anyway this is the G3 forum opppps

My apologies lol

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Only the Note series lol

Seriously I think that the S is going to be replaced with the F and perhaps a new design language hmmm

Anyway this is the G3 forum opppps

My apologies lol

I hope you are right because its the only way I see myself going back to Samsung at this point. I do like the Note series but I'm unsure about the size being practical for my use. The G3 is pushing that envelope but its not as bad as I thought it would be.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!!

I think the only phone that will make me say goodbye to my G3 is the Note 4, and that if its a lot different than the Note 3 and better unlike the S4 compare to S5 lol

I strongly believe that the Note series is Samsung's new flagship, its the one that gets the most attention to detail. I'm certainly keeping my eyes open and look forward to the launch.

Now back yo the G3 I say its Awesome lol

Last edited by a moderator:

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Honestly it is a great looking phone in my opinion and I think it is the most well rounded phone to come out so far this year. I ended up getting it for $50 with contract extension, so that's another win right there.

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Well for me I had the Optimus g great phone then I got the g2 and I loved it also. The g2 was such a big upgrade over the Optimus. I almost ended up getting the nexus 5 but the g2 was on black Friday special and I am so happy I went that way. Then LG graced us with the g3 I went to the store to check it out and right away I knew I had to have it(I too have a phone addiction) LG managed to make the g3 a total upgrade over the g2 in every way and for me that is why I stick with LG. This phone has it all I love it and everything about it. Great battery life beautiful display ect ect Samsung should take notes here from LG on how to make a flagship. This is the phone I can enjoy everyday for a couple of years to come. LG g3 rocks!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781