Reasons why u chose the g3 over other flagship phones.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Already had the M8 and S5 and wanted something new. This has been my favorite of the 3.

Posted via Android Central App
Having had all three, what in particular sets the g3 apart from the s5 and m8 in your opinion? The g3 is very tempting.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
for me its the ui and the big screen packed into a not very big phone.
also the button on the back, best invention ever :)

Having one in my hand the other day, the location of the buttons didn't seem to bother me. Having had the g2 in hand, and that being the first time I tried using those buttons, I want sold yet. I could get used to them after trying the g3. Definitely a solid device.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thought this would be a helpful topic to others thinking about getting the g3.

My reasons.

The button placement on the back. Before i got the g2 i wasnt so sure so i went to the store to get a feel of it and it just felt comfortable and meant to be so the g2 was my next phone and now here i am g3.

The screen and phone size. I feel 5.5 is a good size for a phone, i also like how lg make the screen fit in a good sized phone.

The ui, when i first looked that the ui on the g2 at the store it felt so much easier and simple to navigate. Plus the customization features are great. So i fell in love with it since then.

Basically all my reasons are because of the g2. I loved the g2 so i had to get the g3.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

+1 to the G2 and button placement. I never accidentally hit the buttons on the back. I always accidentally hit the buttons on the side of other phones. I tried the M8 on launch day. I didn't like it at all. The size was an issue. It's even a tad taller than the G3. I have never had any luck with Samsung products, so the S5 was out before it was even released. I do have to say though, I still really like my G2. I'm even thinking of switching the two out and going back to carrying the G2...

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Having had all three, what in particular sets the g3 apart from the s5 and m8 in your opinion? The g3 is very tempting.

Now that Verizon hasn't neutered the rear buttons I enjoy them (hated the VZW G2). Same size as M8 and S5 (relatively speaking) but packs the biggest screen. Being able to hide the buttons in any apps is awesome and one of the things I did not like on the M8 since it already had the smallest screen for it's size. Battery life is on par with what I was getting with the other two, maybe a few % worse than the S5 at the end of the day.

Yoddy

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm ona Moto X now and whilst it's a good device, I must say I'm very disappointed with the camera. Had a Nexus 5 for a couple of weeks and it was clearly a step up in terms of picture quality. Sadly, my brother needed a new phone. Now I'm considering getting a G3 if I can find a good deal online. Is it a safe choice as far as the camera is concerned? I've used an M7 in the past and since the camera module is pretty much the same, I'm not considering getting an M8 for the time being. Am I making the right choice here?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
"Former" Galaxy lovers........
I'm a recovering Galaxy lover. No More KNOX Pox!

I'm with you bro, lol! But to be honest with you.....I no longer care about rooting my devices. I'm happy with stock software. :) .....ehhh, I could change my mind though, lol!

hls811

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Here's the phones I've had (or tried) over the last year or 2 after jumping off the Blackberry ship...

Note 2, Droid Mini, HTC One (M7), Galaxy S5, LG G3

The Note 2 was too big - I loved it at first but when reality set in, I just wasn't happy with it. The Droid Mini was probably my favorite of the bunch (until the G3). The hardware felt great, I liked the smaller size but it was lacking on storage and the battery life was just good - not great. I didn't like the M7 at all (and never considered the M8 because it was bigger than the M7). I really liked the S5 alot; I was surprised that I did especially after not liking the Note 2 and really considered myself the anti-Samsung type. After I gave up on the Note I learned about Nova Launcher, so most of those devices I was able to try and have the same user experience. I hated TouchWiz, even the stripped down version on the S5 was too much for me. I fully expected to use it on the G3 but I don't think I will, the LG launcher is really nice. The size of the phone amazes me. Its almost exactly the same physical size as the S5 but gives you so much more screen real estate. All of the reviews I read about the G3 made it sound heavy too but it seems lighter than the S5 (at least to me). Speed-wise, I think I had less hiccups on the Samsung, but then again it could be because I used Nova. I wouldn't mind using Nova on the G3 but the fact that the Clock and Calendar widgets don't work its more of a pain than its worth and aside from a sliding dock, I can do everything I want on the LG launcher. Knock-on is amazing. I used to love that with the Droid Mini the motion of taking it out of my pocket would turn on the screen so I wouldn't have to keep hitting the power button.. KnockOn is even better, - I can just reach and tap the screen now if its on my desk to see if anything comes in.

Now, here's the few gripes I have with the G3 , some may be fixable and I haven't figured it out yet. None of these are deal breakers.
1) Can't remove the Google Photo App. I like the stock Gallery App, its annoying to get prompted on which one I want to use - I'd really like to just remove or disable the Google Photo App but its not listed in the Application Manager. (This is a work phone, I can't/shouldn't root it).
2) Within the Gallery App, you can't select multiple photos.. I used to be able to long press on a photo and it would get a check mark, then I could select others and do whatever with them (send via text/email, delete, move, etc) - on the G3 I have to do one at a time. (or go into the text message/email first and initiate the text/email) - but specially with deleting it would be nice to not have to do one at a time.
3) Can't disable SmartTips. I like the LG Health App and want to keep that accessible, it would be nice if I could make that the full length of the page or put something else where the Tips is.
4) The LED viewing angle isn't great. I think its recessed just enough into the body that its tough to see unless you're looking at it directly. Thats actually my biggest gripe with the phone. While KnockOn helps, I can just tap it - I do rely on the LED so I'm not constantly checking my phone. (I typically have volume/vibrate/alerts off during the day when its on my desk).

Anyway - that's a long post - sorta my personal review of the device and why I chose the G3.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
3 GB RAM, 32 GB onboard storage, SD card slot & longer battery life than the phone I came from (Galaxy S4). I can go an 8.5 hour work day with moderate use & not need to recharge until I get home.

All I need now is root (not available for the Sprint version yet) & I'll be a happy camper.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
3 GB RAM, 32 GB onboard storage, SD card slot & longer battery life than the phone I came from (Galaxy S4). I can go an 8.5 hour work day with moderate use & not need to recharge until I get home.

All I need now is root (not available for the Sprint version yet) & I'll be a happy camper.

the standby time is great, sleep with 100 wake up with 93

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Because my LG g2 was amazing and I was hoping the same and more for the g3. The g3 is amazing on ART. Love the beautiful screen, the customizing without root. The back buttons, amazing camera, 3 gb ram. I must say I might jump to the note 4 later on. We shall see.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Because my LG g2 was amazing and I was hoping the same and more for the g3. The g3 is amazing on ART. Love the beautiful screen, the customizing without root. The back buttons, amazing camera, 3 gb ram. I must say I might jump to the note 4 later on. We shall see.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

Got att jump or sumthing? I might get the new nexus i been deciding if i should get a nexus .

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
128 GB ext storage, big luxurious screen in a little bezel, no annoying side buttons to accidentally hit; knock code to turn it on and off, elegant design. My first one got a cracked screen from 3.5 feet up using that stupid circle case but I sold it in a day on Craig's list along with the case. I bought a second LG G3 even before I put the broken one up for sale. That says something about my satisfaction with the G3. I now have it in a much better case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1