G3 bluetooth issues, Unable to stream music thorugh bluetooth

trapt4orlife

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I cannot for the life of me get my G3 to stream music through bluetooth. I have a bluetooth speaker designed specifically for music, A JVC headunit with bluetooth audio streaming, as well as a bluetooth headset. I have streamed music on all three of these devices with my previous phone(droid Maxx) Has anyone else had this issue or a solution? I am not new to android or technology, i have gone thorugh just about every setting and cannot figure it out. Thanks

rchusid

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this will help you but I was having some odd experiences with bluetooth which might apply if you also have your old phone still sitting around nearby. I found that my LG was frequently dropping bluetooth, and often would not connect to my portable speaker. I found that even though I had turned off bluetooth on my previous phone, somehow it kept turning on by itself and each time it turned on it would grab the connection to the speaker and the LG would lose the connection. If the bluetooth was already turned on on the old phone it would connect to the speaker and not allow the LG to connect.

I have no idea why bluetooth kept turning on, but once I put the old phone on airplane mode the problem stopped and bluetooth worked fine on the G3.

trapt4orlife

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this will help you but I was having some odd experiences with bluetooth which might apply if you also have your old phone still sitting around nearby. I found that my LG was frequently dropping bluetooth, and often would not connect to my portable speaker. I found that even though I had turned off bluetooth on my previous phone, somehow it kept turning on by itself and each time it turned on it would grab the connection to the speaker and the LG would lose the connection. If the bluetooth was already turned on on the old phone it would connect to the speaker and not allow the LG to connect.

I have no idea why bluetooth kept turning on, but once I put the old phone on airplane mode the problem stopped and bluetooth worked fine on the G3.

I dont have issues connecting to any device. It just wont let me play music. I can make calls on everything just fine, it just wont let me play music.

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i can't really help but i can tell you that i have no such trouble with my g3 and BT devices. i know that doesn't do much for you but I can tell you that on my old LTevo i used to have random problems w/ BT that made no sense.

it would pair and connect but for some reason media wouldn't work, or phone wouldn't work. i'd have to go into settings and manually turn media (or less often phone) off and then on again. usually that fied it.

are you able to pair with the device?
If so, can you get it to work with phone calls?
If not, have you ever gotten it to work - ie is it intermittent or just doesn't work at all?

edit:
whoops - i see now you said you can make calls. ahve you tried going into BT settings and manually toggling media off and on?
when you are connected and try and play music does the music play on the phone or not at all?

if it appears to be playing but you can't hear anything then that sounds like a media setting problem. if it won't play at all or you hear it on the phone then that's upstream.

trapt4orlife

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
i can't really help but i can tell you that i have no such trouble with my g3 and BT devices. i know that doesn't do much for you but I can tell you that on my old LTevo i used to have random problems w/ BT that made no sense.

it would pair and connect but for some reason media wouldn't work, or phone wouldn't work. i'd have to go into settings and manually turn media (or less often phone) off and then on again. usually that fied it.

are you able to pair with the device?
If so, can you get it to work with phone calls?
If not, have you ever gotten it to work - ie is it intermittent or just doesn't work at all?

I was on the phone with tech support with verizon, not 100% sure why but it started working once I got tier 2 on the phone....go figure. It is now playing audio with my car. Have not tried with any other devices yet. The step we took were update(no update available) and booting into then out of safe more(guessing that may have done something) Either way it is working now.