Verizon Intermittent Data

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
A buddy of mine has the LG G3 on Verizon and he's been vocal about intermittent data connectivity with the LG G3. I don't experience this with the T-Mobile version, and he's already gone through two of them. He's considering getting the HTC M8 just to have working data and now that we know that the HTC One is compatible with XLTE he's even more likely to switch.

Anyway has anyone experienced this.

The symptoms he's experiencing is it'll display full LTE service then he'll try and load up a YouTube video and it'll literally load 3 seconds worth then buffer, play 3-4 more seconds then buffer. He'll do a speed test and get 0.23 Mbps down. He'll do another test a minute later and get 6.57 Mbps.

His data speeds and connectivity are so inconsistent that he's having a hard time liking the phone.

Does anyone know of this issue or a fix?

xPNUTx

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
If he's gone through two of them and is still having the same problem, the problem is more than likely his connection to the Verizon network.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that my VZW G3 bounces to 3G a lot easier that my G2 did. Once I get down to 1 or 2 bars, it switches over and I lose connectivity for a minute, then it's back but at 3G speeds. So, yes, I'm having the same problem. I'm even thinking of swapping out my G3 with my older G2 and carrying the G2 for a week or so just to see if it's the phone or something I missed with the G2. I had the M8, and no, I had no issues such as this. The reception was decent everywhere.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Most likely the area and not the phone's radio. Especially since it's the second one.

The G3 is XLTE capable as well.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the big rip off, I mean Verizon and have no issues with my data connection.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
There appears to be an issue with the most recent YouTube update (actually the last 2) 5.5.27 and 5.7.41.
Both stall, freeze etc. Anything prior to the two updates seems to run OK.
Ran a test with the Verizon rep:
Her Note 3 is on 5.7.41 as is my G3, both stall. Does not matter where I am I cannot get fluid YouTube service.
We tested a Note 3, M8 and S5 all on previous versions of YouTube prior to 5.5.27, YouTube ran fine.
Upgraded all of them to 5.7.41 and they all stalled.
Or maybe this is there way of "throttling" the service, don't know. All I know is that I cannot watch any videos on YouTube without major delays.
If you go to the YouTube and watch a video website there is no stall. Something wonky in the new updates.
See what version you are on and test the program, I would be interested to hear what happens.

There's a large thread on XDA accusing Verizon of throttling YouTube at peak hours. Many complaining of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital