What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Thought id start this topic and see what people dont like about the phone and what could be improved.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well its just a very slight thing the battery not that its poor its not but could be improved. I wonder with this new Battery tech that I have been reading about, how far down the line until its available? It will reportedly last 3 times longer hmm this would be great.

But in all honesty I can get through a whole days use, charge overnight and I'm good to go again.

The Camera in lowlight situations could be better.

Posted via Android Central App

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I can think of if anything is a slightly thicker phone and maybe a 4000mah battery.

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I went to 3 stores to play around with the G3, and I couldn't wrap my finger around it, but I finally figured out why I wasn't overly excited about the G3 until now. First, what I do like: The UI is definitely refreshing. I love the light aqua blues and the overall software enhancements that seem to add to the Android experience rather than overcrowd/bloat it. What I didn't like is the on screen buttons. I thought I would love this feature the most, but the on screen buttons along with the thin bezels make the phone feel like a 5 inch phone instead of a larger phone. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually like the look of larger phones (5.5-5.7 inches). Slim bezels (though appreciated) if its coupled with on screen buttons, it seems to visually decrease the "real estate" of the screen...and that's my only complaint at the moment.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I went to 3 stores to play around with the G3, and I couldn't wrap my finger around it, but I finally figured out why I wasn't overly excited about the G3 until now. First, what I do like: The UI is definitely refreshing. I love the light aqua blues and the overall software enhancements that seem to add to the Android experience rather than overcrowd/bloat it. What I didn't like is the on screen buttons. I thought I would love this feature the most, but the on screen buttons along with the thin bezels make the phone feel like a 5 inch phone instead of a larger phone. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually like the look of larger phones (5.5-5.7 inches). Slim bezels (though appreciated) if its coupled with on screen buttons, it seems to visually decrease the "real estate" of the screen...and that's my only complaint at the moment.

Lg have included a feature so that you can hide the on screen buttons.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes the onscreen buttons was my issue on the g2 but on the g3 u can go into home touch button setting and hide the onscreen buttons for any app of ur choice. I found that very useful and i dont need to root :)

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The micro stutter. The g2 had zero lag and zero stutter and that's what made me love it. I'm hoping a update will fix this issue. Nothing else seems to bother me but that. Enabling ART seem to fix this issue but it drained my battery quick. I might just buy a spare battery to fix this issue.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes the onscreen buttons was my issue on the g2 but on the g3 u can go into home touch button setting and hide the onscreen buttons for any app of ur choice. I found that very useful and i dont need to root :)

I read about being able to hide it, but I didn't know how. Also, does it reappear when you need it again? How does that work?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
You could try enabling developer mode and changing window animation scale, transition scale and animator scale to .5x.

This may or may not cure but worth a try :)

aeronaut

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Would have like to see the volume keys be soft programmable . The volume up should have been voice recording instead of memo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I read about being able to hide it, but I didn't know how. Also, does it reappear when you need it again? How does that work?

Go into settings-display-home touch buttons- scroll down to hide home touch.

Yes itll appear when u swipe up from the bottom of the screen

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You could try enabling developer mode and changing window animation scale, transition scale and animator scale to .5x.

This may or may not cure but worth a try :)

I did that. Didn't do much. I just enabled ART again. I took a screen shot of my battery to compare it with the ART tomorrow. I'll let u guys know. Going to order another battery. Anyone recommend a after market battery they bought for the g3? Looking on amazon now.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

wsrep

May 18, 2010
Visit site
LED notifications needs to be faster rate. I would like to just take a quick glimpse at my phone to see it but it takes about 10 seconds for it to blink again.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Notification LED could be a little brighter.
Would be nice to get Qi charging.
On the LG keyboard, next word prediction would make it perfect for me.
I could live with the size of the phone with 5.5" display but I prefer 4.7" to 5"-5.2" as optimal size.
Bigger battery in same size... G3 adequate but you can never have too much battery ;)