Lets Be Honest Here G3's Screen Isn't GREAT.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I still think they could have gotten away with an improved 1080p screen with all the other specs and refined software experience. But it is a good step in the right direction and I am sure next year there will be many more 2k screens on phones and all the issues that version 1 has had will be worked out.

But the world everyone lives in is to want higher spec devices even though its not needed. Look at the moto X, pretty mid end specs on paper when it came out yet till this day, can keep up or do better than today's phones.

Its a no-win for LG with either display. 1080p-people will complain that its too low even though your eyes won't notice. 1440p-about time a 2k display but people will complain about battery life. Cant won't either scenario.

Look at the s5, plastic back and 1080P was a common complain when it came out.

Can't satisfy everyone.

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
But the world everyone lives in is to want higher spec devices even though its not needed. Look at the moto X, pretty mid end specs on paper when it came out yet till this day, can keep up or do better than today's phones.

Its a no-win for LG with either display. 1080p-people will complain that its too low even though your eyes won't notice. 1440p-about time a 2k display but people will complain about battery life. Cant won't either scenario.

Look at the s5, plastic back and 1080P was a common complain when it came out.

Can't satisfy everyone.

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)

People complained about the s5 because it looked so much like the s4, and s3 before it. I agree people will always complain, I think they really could have wowed people with 1080p and great battery life compared to other flagships. But not knocking the g3. Think it's a nice phone, and almost perfect, except for a few areas. Hopefully the g4 gets it next year.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
People complained about the s5 because it looked so much like the s4, and s3 before it. I agree people will always complain, I think they really could have wowed people with 1080p and great battery life compared to other flagships. But not knocking the g3. Think it's a nice phone, and almost perfect, except for a few areas. Hopefully the g4 gets it next year.

Samsung is complete **** there fame is over its done for them since the gs4. Now its just overly hyped like iphone. Both complete garbage devices and only for morons who actually like there products.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is complete **** there fame is over its done for them since the gs4. Now its just overly hyped like iphone. Both complete garbage devices and only for morons who actually like there products.

Harsh

Posted via Android Central App

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure why all the hate towards Samsung. Yes they have been resting on their laurels it appears and not sure why they can't get touchwiz right. But I'd say the note line is their flagship and not the gs line anymore. And might not want to spout off about someone being a moron when you use the wrong form of their(you use there) competition is a good thing not sure why so many people want a one horse race in the android space. And no I don't use a Samsung phone.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why all the hate towards Samsung. Yes they have been resting on their laurels it appears and not sure why they can't get touchwiz right. But I'd say the note line is their flagship and not the gs line anymore. And might not want to spout off about someone being a moron when you use the wrong form of their(you use there) competition is a good thing not sure why so many people want a one horse race in the android space. And no I don't use a Samsung phone.

Who care about my spelling. What u gonna do arrest me grammar nazi? Oh no. But ye i think the note is okay but still its over.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

That's why I think LG went with the choice that would make the most noise. Nothing beats saying "DAT SCREEN!" in your ads. Run those really slick super HD demo videos on the in-store units... on that MASSIVE screen. They need something to help draw people away from those humongous Samsung signs.

I mean, I watched those two quad HD demo videos.... that kind of thing sells phones.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
But I'd say the note line is their flagship and not the gs line anymore.

Oh, you don't have to say it... it IS their flagship. The popularity of the Note 2 made them do an about face... what was once an oddity that people kind of made fun of quickly became an extremely popular segment of the industry. Plus, with the extra size, they can pack that thing with a hell of a lot more goodies. I fully expect the Note 4 to be a beast of a device.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh, you don't have to say it... it IS their flagship. The popularity of the Note 2 made them do an about face... what was once an oddity that people kind of made fun of quickly became an extremely popular segment of the industry. Plus, with the extra size, they can pack that thing with a hell of a lot more goodies. I fully expect the Note 4 to be a beast of a device.

Agree. I love that they seem to go all out on specs. It will be interested to see how the note 4 performs and also if the rumored moto phablet tries to cut into the notes sales

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

It's amazing the hate when one becomes so popular. It's seems to becoming personal.

Apple changed what Super Phones are today and Samsung made "Phablets" did as well.

At the end it's just a phone.

Pro S5

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site

HOnestly, I love my G3 screen, and feel the G2's screen looks cartoonish with overblown colors. I've had a GS2, a GS4 and a Nexus 5 before the G3, and I think the G3 screen is best......colors look more realistic.

My only complaint is that I think the auto brightness is overly aggressive in some situations and dims the screen too much.

Oh, and those pictures show how far LG's UI has come.....soooo much better now!

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well said. Totally agree.....

Well.. .that's expected... The 5' range 1080 phones are in the 440 dpi range... that's REALLY fine. On a Nexus 5, I have to get in extremely close to detect any sort of pixelization... WAY closer than I would ever have it normally. The G3 is, what, nearly 25% finer? Yes, it is kind of overkill and it will probably always be, regardless of the content because your eyes can only see so much detail, after that, you aren't gaining anything. And yes...

LG probably threw the display in the phone as much to show off as for any functional reason.... but I am not going to fault them for it. If they put a 1080 unit in this phone and kept everything else, you would have heard "WARGARBL!!! NO QUAD HD!!!!???" and complaints that it was just a warmed over G2. You can't please everyone. Remember that LG Display is the world's largest LCD manufacturer, so there is an added incentive for them to kind of show off a little bit.

Look, they HAD to make some kind of noise... Samsung is dominant (though, signs point to the market balancing out a little bit) and upstarts like Xiaomi were gaining serious momentum... In fact Xiaomi passed LG in terms of market share. So they decided to go a little over the top and then market the HELL out of it and hope for the best.... and so far it's worked out pretty well. LG's sales even before the release of the G3 are on the upswing, and from the looks of it, the G3 is going to certainly help that.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My only complaint is that I think the auto brightness is overly aggressive in some situations and dims the screen too much

Get something like Lux. Takes over the auto-brightness function and is fully customizable. This is one of the features I miss from my Nexus 5.... My daily ROM allowed me to custom set the brightness levels.... and Gravity Box (an AOSP-only Xposed module) also allowed it.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
HOnestly, I love my G3 screen, and feel the G2's screen looks cartoonish with overblown colors. I've had a GS2, a GS4 and a Nexus 5 before the G3, and I think the G3 screen is best......colors look more realistic.

My only complaint is that I think the auto brightness is overly aggressive in some situations and dims the screen too much.

Oh, and those pictures show how far LG's UI has come.....soooo much better now!

I agree the ui is great.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
While I'm not a big fan of Samsung phones (mostly because of poor radios) they are the ones pushing the envelope. On software and smartphone design. Which has pushed moto,HTC,and LG to keep up giving us great devices like the G3.

Posted via Android Central App