How to turn off "battery full" notification on an LG G3?

A

AC Question

Android System UI 4.4.2-D85010d. 1403173065 seems to be the culprit. Can't seem to force stop. Solution?

For now I'm in silent mode, but the notification keeps flashing every minute on the minute.

Last edited by a moderator:

calcite

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to turn off "battery full" notification on an LG G3? It beeps and vibrates every minute

Android System UI 4.4.2-D85010d. 1403173065 seems to be the culprit. Can't seem to force stop. Solution?

For now I'm in silent mode, but the notification keeps flashing every minute on the minute.

I would love an answer. This wakes me every night, and it beeps several times through the night.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to turn off "battery full" notification on an LG G3? It beeps and vibrates every minute

Is it only happening when plugged in or when disconnected too?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

Sharon Murphy

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Of course only when it's plugged in.
It's an alert to wake you the **** up at gawdawful in the middle of the night to unplug your phone from the charger. Cause, you know, you're wasting electricity by leaving it plugged in until you wake up. Nevermind that the charger is such that it stops drawing power when the battery is full.

If anyone knows how to disable this without rooting, please share.

If you do not have it set to vibrate with audio alerts, and you have the sound off, it still flashes.
It makes the phone vibrate if it's in quiet mode and you have it set to vibrate with alerts.
It makes the phone vibrate if you 'turn off all sounds' in accessibility and still have it set to vibrate with alerts. And I happen to like it to vibrate with alerts, if I can't hear it ring, I can feel it. You know, the reason it does that.
If you don't have the sound disabled, just turned down, it dings AND vibrates AND flashes.

Even in airplane mode.

I have a quiet mode schedule, I put it in airplane mode to charge, and I go into accessibility to disable sounds at night. It STILL vibrates and flashes.
About once every few minutes or so, until you stumble across the room in the dark and unplug the monster. Or your spouse gets to it first and throws it.

Quiet mode should actually BE quiet mode. No alert sounds, vibrations, or flashes.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Friendly reminder that humorous sarcasm and frustration may both cross into condescension, especially with plaintext as the medium. ;)

I don't know of any solution offhand, but I agree — silent mode should be silent mode, or at the least be such by way of settings.

Sharon Murphy

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, that occurred to me after I hit post. Sorry. Blame it on being frustrated with the phone waking up the spouse nightly and him threatening to get rid of it.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, that occurred to me after I hit post. Blame it on being frustrated with the phone waking up the spouse nightly and him threatening to get rid of it.

It feels like too many nights I've been woken up by technology, so I can sympathize there for sure.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Might there be an option in Settings>Sound, or Settings>Battery to turn off the alert?

Sharon Murphy

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

It feels like too many nights I've been woken up by technology, so I can sympathize there for sure.

I wear earplugs (snoring wakes me up) so I don't know it's going off until I hear "will you do something about that ******phone!" That wakes me up lol.

Might there be an option in Settings>Sound, or Settings>Battery to turn off the alert?

No, I've been all through settings>sound, and settings>battery and there's nothing there. Also nothing in quiet mode settings, or accessibility settings. :/ Thanks though!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

No, I've been all through settings>sound, and settings>battery and there's nothing there. Also nothing in quiet mode settings, or accessibility settings. :/ Thanks though!
Perhaps an email to LG about this? This seems like a bug in their version of the OS then.

Sharon Murphy

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps an email to LG about this? This seems like a bug in their version of the OS then.

I think this is a case of my bug is their feature. :( I'm guessing someone is so proud they sold their "energy saving" feature to the big boys lol. I can email LG ? Like, to a real person? I didn't think companies did that anymore. I might try it, it would be interesting to hear what they say, at least. :)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I think this is a case of my bug is their feature. :( I'm guessing someone is so proud they sold their "energy saving" feature to the big boys lol. I can email LG ? Like, to a real person? I didn't think companies did that anymore. I might try it, it would be interesting to hear what they say, at least. :)

Support page has a clickable email link: LG Support USA: Customer Service and Technical Support | LG USA

pottingshed

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

Yes it's very irritating. There is an app though that will turn it off ("Battery charged silencer") and it seems to work fine.

Strike that. Doesn't work.

Sharon Murphy

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Emailed them via the link you gave me, and it's been a week with no reply. I guess I'm moving it to the office to charge :(

calcite

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

I found a solution that works on my LG G3. I installed Tasker and followed these instructions I found on YouTube. Search for "Galaxy S2 Mute Battery Full Notification".

If you are familiar with Tasker (I was not), you create two profiles.

Battery mute:
  • State > Battery level between 99% and 100%
  • State > Power = Any
Invoke the following action: Notification volume = 0.

Then create an unmute profile:
Event > Battery Full triggers Notification level = (whatever level you like)

Explanation:

Only notifications are silenced, not the ringer. You will only miss alerts while the battery is charging and is at 99%. As soon as it hits 100%, the second profile turns the alerts back on.

I can think of refinements, such as restricting the times the above operates to sleeping hours.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Emailed them via the link you gave me, and it's been a week with no reply. I guess I'm moving it to the office to charge :(

I think the above poster has a pretty good idea.

calcite

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

I found a solution that works on my LG G3. I installed Tasker and followed these instructions I found on YouTube. Search for "Galaxy S2 Mute Battery Full Notification".

If you are familiar with Tasker (I was not), you create two profiles.

Battery mute:
  • State > Battery level between 99% and 100%
  • State > Power = Any
Invoke the following action: Notification volume = 0.

Then create an unmute profile:
Event > Battery Full triggers Notification level = (whatever level you like)

Explanation:

Only notifications are silenced, not the ringer. You will only miss alerts while the battery is charging and is at 99%. As soon as it hits 100%, the second profile turns the alerts back on.

I can think of refinements, such as restricting the times the above operates to sleeping hours.

Correction: if I include the second profile to unmute on battery full, then I often am awakened in the middle of the night. Whether the alarm is muted seems to be inconsistent, presumably because of differing charging histories.

So my current practice is to turn off notifications while the batter is between 99 and 100% full, while the device is charging, and between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. I miss some alerts but I get a full night's sleep.

Please everyone: call LG. We need for them to fix this in the next software update. It was a crazy idea to include this alert, especially without a way to disable. Ask them to submit a bug report; they may say it is a feature, but they can still do something to elevate the request.

vasqued2

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Mine is no longer generating the notification sound every minute.

I believe the magic setting was General->Smart Functions->QuickCircle case->Off. I turned it back to On to try to recreate the problem but it didn't, not that I'm complaining.

Someone else will have to confirm this works for them.

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

I haven't been able to turn the battery full notification off either. However, I have found that it doesn't alert repeatedly when I use a charger (wall and car) that's at least 1 amp. With these chargers, I only get the notification once. With my older chargers (that are less than an amp), my G3 beeps repeatedly.

Let me know if this helps.

Sharon Murphy

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I've found a way around it I think. It works with a quick circle case or a regular one. In Accessibility, check Turn off all sounds. In Sounds, slide the vibrate strength for notifications down to nothing. Set up a quiet mode profile to keep it from alerting when you are sleeping, and change in airplane mode. Don't enable flash on alert. This appears to work with the charger it comes with, a qi charger, or an older one. It probably still alerts, but it doesn't wake anyone now.

It's a terrible work around, because then in the morning, you have to turn up the vibrate strength, turn the sound back on, and turn off airplane mode. But it is a work around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech