Anybody ever get a full WiFi signal and keep it?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
How often do you guys have a full WiFi signal? Its really bothering me because I almost have to be in the same room with the router to get a full signal. Even then I lose a bar. I have a small house. Walk 10 feet lose a bar. I have reset my phone and router. Still same thing. My HTC one and wife's phone are full bars. Speed test shows my lg g3 is slower too. I always have had full WiFi bars with any other phone. But this one. Now its randomly rebooting. Lemon?

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't think it's a lemon. Some phones just show different signal strength. My S4 fluctuates from 1-3 bars in my bedroom.
It probably has more to do with your router than anything.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't think it's a lemon. Some phones just show different signal strength. My S4 fluctuates from 1-3 bars in my bedroom.
It probably has more to do with your router than anything.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

Thanks. It's just odd that when I go into WiFi settings it shows my signal strength on my G3 as good and my HTC one as excellent. I'm lost. And now it just rebooted on its own tonight. Ughh!

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What type of connection to the router? 2.4ghz? 5ghz? I know if I connect to my 5ghz WiFi, signal strength is weaker because of the cordless phone near it. But 2.4ghz and I'm solid throughout the house. Pretty constant levels and fast for me.

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My bedroom always has really, really bad wifi signal. The g3 keeps the signal better than my s5 and Nokia icon that I have in the house.

Posted via Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
In my apartment and at my office the WiFi is almost always a full signal (90% of the time). But you should never fully trust the bars. Actual signal strength may vary.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
yea im havin a few issues with wifi at work that up down arrow on the wifi notification keeps flashing and i cant puul down web sites and app