Does the LG G3 stock SMS app suck?

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I would also like to know what the blue lock on msgs on stock app mean.

Blue lock? or blue chain? Haven't seen a blue lock, but if you mean a blue chain (chain link), that means the text contains information that might be related to other apps. For instance, if someone texts you "Are we going out today?", clicking on the blue link will open a box of suggested apps to apply the content to, like the calendar app, to, possibly add an appointment to your calendar.

Chicago Pete

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I use my G3 with an LG G Watch. If you use an Android Wear Watch, you really need to use Hangouts to fully utilize the Android Wear functionality for SMS.

With Hangouts I can verbally reply to a text to the watch. My favorite feature of an Android Wear Watch!

LauraWA

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I am starting to dislike how much space the reply window and keyboard take up. I like to see more of the conversation so I can reread and reply to different things. Is this normal? (See pic)

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 5563.jpg
    5563.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 200

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I am starting to dislike how much space the reply window and keyboard take up. I like to see more of the conversation so I can reread and reply to different things. Is this normal? (See pic)

The stock keyboard size can be changed manually.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

LauraWA

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, one got the keyboard on the shortest setting. Idk why it seems so large. Plus the reply window and the grey bar in between are so large I can barely see the prior texts.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
We'll you have the number row and word prediction that take vertical space. I wanted number row on my g2 with swift key beta but didn't like how little txt space was available with it on so I turned it off. With the g3 it's a little more bearable.

Yes, one got the keyboard on the shortest setting. Idk why it seems so large. Plus the reply window and the grey bar in between are so large I can barely see the prior texts.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Now that I've been using textra for a while, I am really hating that it has virtually no theme support. The only thing you can customize are the chat bubble colors using a select few stock colors.

I need to find something new now. SIGH.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you using it now on the G3? I was thinking of using it again but reviews on the Play store have been iffy from G3 owners... One or two mentioning fonts look off on the G3 screen? Can I get your opinion on it?

Now that I've been using textra for a while, I am really hating that it has virtually no theme support. The only thing you can customize are the chat bubble colors using a select few stock colors.

I need to find something new now. SIGH.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Are you using it now on the G3? I was thinking of using it again but reviews on the Play store have been iffy from G3 owners... One or two mentioning fonts look off on the G3 screen? Can I get your opinion on it?
I am using it now.

Everything is perfect with it, except that it has no theme support. Never heard of an issue with fonts. My fonts look fine, but I have 560 DPI set on my G3 instead of the stock 650, which might be helping me out.

I was thinking of going with Evolve SMS because I saw a decent Android L theme for it.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I am using it now.

Everything is perfect with it, except that it has no theme support. Never heard of an issue with fonts. My fonts look fine, but I have 560 DPI set on my G3 instead of the stock 650, which might be helping me out.

I was thinking of going with Evolve SMS because I saw a decent Android L theme for it.

The new textra quick popup is horrible now so I stayed using stock again. I'm also going to try Evolve.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad