Resizing Gif Files

oldrtyfrog

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of an app that can resize GIF files? Whenever I attach a GIF to a text, my phone converts to just an image, I'm assuming because the file is too large.

I checked the Play store but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know of an app that can resize GIF files? Whenever I attach a GIF to a text, my phone converts to just an image, I'm assuming because the file is too large.

I checked the Play store but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Hello.

Does the other person still receive the gif? Usually when you attach it, you only see it through a simple picture viewer. This is why it seems to be a still picture. It doesn't convert it or anything like that.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen an app that resizes one.. as a matter of fact you'd have to do it through a program like Photoshop with a plugin and it takes some time (unless there is some new plugin I'm not aware of - it's been a while since I had to do it manually). There are websites out there that allow you to upload a give and get it resized. Just Google "resize a gif" and you'll see plenty sites offering an free automated service.

oldrtyfrog

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Nope, the other person also receives just a still image.

I think I got it now though...I installed Textra, and changed the MMS size limit to "No Limit", and so far it seems to be working fine. I just wish the stock messaging app had that option.

Thanks for the response!
Hello.

Does the other person still receive the gif? Usually when you attach it, you only see it through a simple picture viewer. This is why it seems to be a still picture. It doesn't convert it or anything like that.