Will an AT&T LG G3 work with Verizon's LTE network, or should I get the Sprint version?

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
So I might buy an AT&T contract LG G3 for $99.99, and pay the early termination fee to get it for cheaper than if I bought it unlocked.

After doing all that would my Verizon sim card work on the LG G3? Yeah the sim card came with my One M8 when I signed into a contract for that.

I'd get a Verizon G3, but I don't like what they did with the bottom bezel for the black version.

Someone told me that the Sprint and Verizon versions share bands while AT&T and Verizon doesn't, but according to this Verizon and AT&T share bands while Sprint and Verizon don't share LTE bands.

List of LTE networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
From what I understand, the Sprint and AT&T versions would both come locked; so to answer your question, no, neither of them would work. Verizon is the only carrier that sells factory unlocked devices. You'd be better off buying the Verizon version and getting a replacement front and installing it yourself. I don't know how hard that would be on a G3, though.

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is the only carrier that sells factory unlocked devices. You'd be better off buying the Verizon version and getting a replacement front and installing it yourself. I don't know how hard that would be on a G3, though.

Well, that's one thing Verizon does that's actually good for customers. That sounds like a fun project though, but taking apart phones sounds a lot harder than noodling around with PCs.

EDIT: But can't I get phones unlocked now that its legal?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon