51 Tips, Tricks and Hidden Features for the LG G3.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know what the best dev options to use are besides the animation scale??

BTW, turning animations off has made my G3 FLY now!! Damn! Seems to have taken care of that lock screen to text message redraw issue I was having. Now the screen goes from lock to home screen but its just dim for a second and then the text message pops up.

Last edited:

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
So how do I turn off knock features? Only ones I find in settings are for the lock code. I just want to turn knock on off so my phone doesn't turn on in my shirt pocket under my jacket.

Posted via Android Central App

diso916

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
So how do I turn off knock features? Only ones I find in settings are for the lock code. I just want to turn knock on off so my phone doesn't turn on in my shirt pocket under my jacket.

There is a way without root. Depending on your version of the g3 Google search "how to fix lag on the lg g3" there it will give you the service codes to access the hidden menu I have the att version so there is an option to turn it off the only version that I know is different is the verizon version which has a mini os built in

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I saw a 25+ on YouTube from Droid Life and the only "trick" that was new to me was pinching out recent apps.

I'll go through this when I get home.

Pro S5

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know what the best dev options to use are besides the animation scale??

BTW, turning animations off has made my G3 FLY now!! Damn! Seems to have taken care of that lock screen to text message redraw issue I was having. Now the screen goes from lock to home screen but its just dim for a second and then the text message pops up.

Animations was off by default on mine

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

On the G2 it's under settings>gestures>knock on. Really surprised that's not the same on G3.

stevealb

May 16, 2010
Visit site
How do you turn off sound effects for the built in apps? For example, in the calendar app, when creating an appointment and choosing a time, the phone clicks as you spin through the hours and minutes. I don't see any option to turn off sounds for the apps without silencing the entire phone.

MC_A_DOT

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't write 'em, I just report 'em.
I did not know about the ability to hook up to the XBox.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

I wonder If I can hook up my PS4 controller like I did with my S3....I still have the OTG usb cable.

Need to complete GTA Vice city so I can get San Andreas lol

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Animations was off by default on mine

Really?!? What is your carrier? I'm on Sprint. Really amazed at how much more responsive its become with animations off! I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do to further tweak and speed things up more if possible.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Really?!? What is your carrier? I'm on Sprint. Really amazed at how much more responsive its become with animations off! I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do to further tweak and speed things up more if possible.

I'm on Sprint too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34