Music randomly stops playing

utterbutter

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I am using the stock music player and philips earphones and sometimes, most notably when I tug at the earphone jack, the music stops playing. When I turn on the screen, it shows that the music has paused. Sometimes it even skips to the next song.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are the headphones only pure headphones, or do they have any other remote control features? If it has a remote control, slightly moving the plug might be causing some false commands to be transmitted.

Some MP3 player devices will automatically pause if you remove the headphone--are you sure your headphones are fully plugged in? If they're not quite fully in, then a slight tug might make the phone think you're pulling it out, and therefore pause the music. You should feel or hear a click when the plug is in all the way.

utterbutter

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi thanks for replying. I'm quite certain the plug is fully in, because sometimes the music skips to the next song. I will try google play music and see if the issue persists.

Posted via Android Central App

Alex Ultee

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
How did it go for you?
I have the exact same problem. I am using Pioneer earphones.
Whenever i am listening to music, in the Spotify app or LG music player and the plug moves, the players skips a song or goes to pause.

When I use headphones that has more functions, like the standard Iphone earphones it doesn't do it.

Solution seems to be: to buy new earphones that has more functions.
The ones without extra functions touches the inside of the phone with the jack when you move it.

j-dogg_69

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I've posted about this in the audio problems thread a few posts down from this. It's the most recent post in the thread (save me retyping it!). Presume you're getting the loud pop when skipping tracks, too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37