Lock Screen

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So, on my previous phone (Samsung GS Note 2), I used Widget Locker as a replacement lock screen. I could pile on two or three widgets and even have some other widgets "show through" (like Circle Launcher). I've now added this to my G3 but there are a couple of issues I've had, wether I use the stock launcher or Nova (which is made by the same company as Widget Locker):

First, there doesn't seem to be a way to have no lock screen show up if you turn the power on or double tap the screen within x seconds, as you can with the stock lock screen.

Second: it seems like one out of ten times I get some message/hint in a blue box at the top that says I can swipe down in order to get out of full screen mode. I have to click an ok button to dismiss it. This also happened regardless of the launcher I used.

If I could emulate some of the things that Widget Locker offers with the stock lock screen, I'd do it, but so far I don't see a way. I can only have one widget per "screen" plus I can only have 5 shortcuts. I suppose I could use circle Launcher or Swaps to create additional shortcuts, but again, I don't get the advantage of the multiple widgets on one lockscreen. I don't know if others have played with this much, but if you have, it would be great to know what you've settled on for now, or if you've come up with other workarounds to the limitations I've mentioned...

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Second: it seems like one out of ten times I get some message/hint in a blue box at the top that says I can swipe down in order to get out of full screen mode. I have to click an ok button to dismiss it. This also happened regardless of the launcher I used.

Sorry I don't have anything useful to add, but OH MY GOD do I hate this pop-up!! I get it on my N4 with about the same frequency....once I click ok, I shouldn't ever have to see it again!