Got my new G3 yesterday and....

Shlomey Derhi

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
The weather app seems to be draining my battery.
Anyone familiar with this?
Any way to change it without rooting?

Any information would be helpful...

Thanks

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
The weather app seems to be draining my battery.
Anyone familiar with this?
Any way to change it without rooting?

Any information would be helpful...

Thanks

I noticed that the stock G3 weather app does drain more battery than 3rd party apps. Not sure why though, but you have many options. You can download HD widgets (my personal favorite) which has many styles of weather widgets. Yahoo weather. You can even use 1weather that's on your phone already. Many different ones in the play store. Just tap and hold your weather widget and drag it to the upper right (trash can) icon that appears. Then tap and hold your home screen and a menu will pop up and tap widgets. Find the weather widget you want to use and tap it. It will now be on your home screen. You might have to configure it by going into the settings of the widget.

Hope this helps!

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I dunno, I use the stock weather app refreshing at 1 hour interval, which is the most frequent. I'd have it update more often if I could.

But I haven't noticed any unusual battery drain from it.

I used to use The Weather Channel app's widget, which I liked cause it updated every time I unlocked the phone, without any major battery drain issues. But the biggest widget it has is a 4x4, which doesn't take up a whole row on the G3 like it does on 1080p screens, and I find that annoying.

Shlomey Derhi

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I can do without the app, but even removing it from the screen won't stop the drainage.
Also tried changing refresh rate from 3 hours to 12 but thats not it...still hogging 67% of battery power.

Screenshot_2014-08-07-08-32-45.jpg

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I just checked the Applications Manager and you can't disable any of the 3 weather services in there. You could clear the data from all 3 in there and see if that helps. It should erase all the settings, that might help.

Other wise you would have to root and rename or delete the APK.

Asterisk

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't even have weather app in my battery usage. But then again, I don't use it. I use good ole Nexus One genie widget.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the stock G3 weather app does drain more battery than 3rd party apps. Not sure why though, but you have many options. You can download HD widgets (my personal favorite) which has many styles of weather widgets. Yahoo weather. You can even use 1weather that's on your phone already. Many different ones in the play store. Just tap and hold your weather widget and drag it to the upper right (trash can) icon that appears. Then tap and hold your home screen and a menu will pop up and tap widgets. Find the weather widget you want to use and tap it. It will now be on your home screen. You might have to configure it by going into the settings of the widget.

Hope this helps!

I second this. HD widgets are awesome.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12