Love the LG G3 screen! But wish it was brighter!

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I must say. I love thus phone. Everything about it works fine. My only gripe is yes the display is gorgeous. Very crisp and clear except I wish the brightness was better. My screen is not yellow like others , its still white, its just not bright to me. I came from the HTC One M7 with the SLCD 3 display. The setting on that phones brightness at 50% seems to match the Lg g3 brightness at 100%. I guess I was spoiled from the One. And perhaps the IPS display is just the way it is. Anybody else think its not very bright?

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I actually wish the display would go dimmer.. On the lowest brightness setting in a dark room it's slightly too bright (i have adjusted now, but still not ideal) when reading black and white manga's.

I never had the need to go over 60% Auto. Sometimes, in a specific game, I will turn off Auto and just stay at 60% solid. No reason to go higher than that, unless I am at the beach or something.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
No issues with brightness here and I came from the g2. I do think the fonts are too sharp though. Maybe changing to a different font will help me? Anyone else feel this way? 😔

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I actually wish the display would go dimmer.. On the lowest brightness setting in a dark room it's slightly too bright (i have adjusted now, but still not ideal) when reading black and white manga's.

I never had the need to go over 60% Auto. Sometimes, in a specific game, I will turn off Auto and just stay at 60% solid. No reason to go higher than that, unless I am at the beach or something.

I have mine set on 60% and its perfect for my use unless in bright, sunlit situations like you stated.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
This was my issue with Z2 it was dull/pale, LG did a better job than Sony. I'm fine with the display but as I said 2K did more harm than good. Over hype IMO.

Pro S5

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
i remember some saying there was a a place in Settings > Accessibility that could fix this.

On my LG G Pad, Lux Lite (Free) helped brighten the screen

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Download the app "screen filter" and you can make the screen as dark as you want. I've been using it for a long time now, It's awesome when you use the widget

Posted via Android Central App

drbol

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I think the auto brightness setting is too dim. I leave mine set at 70 percent and it's good for me. I have no idea why people say thier whites are yellow. Mine looks white.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mobile Nations mobile app

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. I guess there are a lot of bias opinions. This was my second lg g3. As my first one had issues with connectivity. I just think the first g3 screen looked brighter.. Maybe its just me. Also like I said the htc one m7 has a higher nits count.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Try LUX app.

Thanks, I will try out this app.

Download the app "screen filter" and you can make the screen as dark as you want. I've been using it for a long time now, It's awesome when you use the widget

I will try this out. Thanks!

I think the auto brightness setting is too dim. I leave mine set at 70 percent and it's good for me. I have no idea why people say thier whites are yellow. Mine looks white.

I wish there was a way to adjust the auto-brightness sensitivity at different levels. I was able to do this with many custom 4.3 roms on my RAZR, so I think it's just a software limitation for now.

My whites are white! :D

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I run at 50% with auto off in the house which is bright enough to really show the screens quality.

Outdoor use and taking pictures in bright conditions you do need the 85-90% brightness level.

But overall I'm content with it just the way it is :)

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Unless I am outside in bright sun I keep it at 25% no auto and it's perfect. 100% is painfully bright to me. In bright sun I bump it up to 50% or so.

Last edited:

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Unless I am outside in bright sun I keep it at 25% no auto and it's perfect. 100% is painfully bright to me. In bright sun I bump it up to 50% or so,

Unless something is wrong with my screen, 25% is like black. Way too dark. And in bright sun light here in Florida, 50% forget it. I'll never see it..

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Unless something is wrong with my screen, 25% is like black. Way too dark. And in bright sun light here in Florida, 50% forget it. I'll never see it..

Must be something as I'm typing this at 0% brightness and can see fine.

Wouldn't remain on this as i obviously like it a bit brighter.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Must be something as I'm typing this at 0% brightness and can see fine.

Wouldn't remain on this as i obviously like it a bit brighter.

0% brightness on mine is black. I can barely make it out. Anything under 40% for me is too dark. My eyes are not bad. Hope nothing is wrong with my phone. I already used up my 1 new replacement for ATT. Now I would have to get a warranty refurbished one.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
0% brightness on mine is black. I can barely make it out. Anything under 40% for me is too dark. My eyes are not bad. Hope nothing is wrong with my phone. I already used up my 1 new replacement for ATT. Now I would have to get a warranty refurbished one.

At 0%, is yours viewable in an almost completely dark room? It should be very viewable on your eyes.