08-24-2014 08:47 AM
44 12
tools
    I must say. I love thus phone. Everything about it works fine. My only gripe is yes the display is gorgeous. Very crisp and clear except I wish the brightness was better. My screen is not yellow like others , its still white, its just not bright to me. I came from the HTC One M7 with the SLCD 3 display. The setting on that phones brightness at 50% seems to match the Lg g3 brightness at 100%. I guess I was spoiled from the One. And perhaps the IPS display is just the way it is. Anybody else think its not very bright?

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-06-2014 10:16 AM
    I actually wish the display would go dimmer.. On the lowest brightness setting in a dark room it's slightly too bright (i have adjusted now, but still not ideal) when reading black and white manga's.

I never had the need to go over 60% Auto. Sometimes, in a specific game, I will turn off Auto and just stay at 60% solid. No reason to go higher than that, unless I am at the beach or something.
    GrooveRite and Jaylw09 like this.
    08-06-2014 12:48 PM
    No issues with brightness here and I came from the g2. I do think the fonts are too sharp though. Maybe changing to a different font will help me? Anyone else feel this way? 😔

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-06-2014 01:17 PM
    I actually wish the display would go dimmer.. On the lowest brightness setting in a dark room it's slightly too bright (i have adjusted now, but still not ideal) when reading black and white manga's.

I never had the need to go over 60% Auto. Sometimes, in a specific game, I will turn off Auto and just stay at 60% solid. No reason to go higher than that, unless I am at the beach or something.
    I have mine set on 60% and its perfect for my use unless in bright, sunlit situations like you stated.
    xocomaox likes this.
    08-06-2014 01:21 PM
    This was my issue with Z2 it was dull/pale, LG did a better job than Sony. I'm fine with the display but as I said 2K did more harm than good. Over hype IMO.

Pro S5
    gummyjelly and MONDINGO like this.
    08-06-2014 01:27 PM
    i remember some saying there was a a place in Settings > Accessibility that could fix this.

On my LG G Pad, Lux Lite (Free) helped brighten the screen
    08-06-2014 01:52 PM
    I love the G3 screen and I'm an Amoled lover!
    08-06-2014 01:57 PM
    Try LUX app.
    08-06-2014 01:58 PM

Download the app "screen filter" and you can make the screen as dark as you want. I've been using it for a long time now, It's awesome when you use the widget

Posted via Android Central App
    08-06-2014 02:00 PM
    I think the auto brightness setting is too dim. I leave mine set at 70 percent and it's good for me. I have no idea why people say thier whites are yellow. Mine looks white.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    08-06-2014 02:04 PM
    Thanks guys. I guess there are a lot of bias opinions. This was my second lg g3. As my first one had issues with connectivity. I just think the first g3 screen looked brighter.. Maybe its just me. Also like I said the htc one m7 has a higher nits count.

08-06-2014 02:22 PM
    Try LUX app.
    Thanks, I will try out this app.

Download the app "screen filter" and you can make the screen as dark as you want. I've been using it for a long time now, It's awesome when you use the widget
    I will try this out. Thanks!

I think the auto brightness setting is too dim. I leave mine set at 70 percent and it's good for me. I have no idea why people say thier whites are yellow. Mine looks white.
    I wish there was a way to adjust the auto-brightness sensitivity at different levels. I was able to do this with many custom 4.3 roms on my RAZR, so I think it's just a software limitation for now.

My whites are white!
    08-06-2014 02:24 PM
    I'm running at 40% .

Steve/Boanerges Performance
    08-06-2014 02:37 PM
    I run at 50% with auto off in the house which is bright enough to really show the screens quality.

Outdoor use and taking pictures in bright conditions you do need the 85-90% brightness level.

But overall I'm content with it just the way it is :-)

MONDINGO and Jaylw09 like this.
    08-06-2014 02:42 PM
    Unless I am outside in bright sun I keep it at 25% no auto and it's perfect. 100% is painfully bright to me. In bright sun I bump it up to 50% or so.
    08-06-2014 05:16 PM
    Unless I am outside in bright sun I keep it at 25% no auto and it's perfect. 100% is painfully bright to me. In bright sun I bump it up to 50% or so,
    Unless something is wrong with my screen, 25% is like black. Way too dark. And in bright sun light here in Florida, 50% forget it. I'll never see it..

08-06-2014 07:22 PM
    Unless something is wrong with my screen, 25% is like black. Way too dark. And in bright sun light here in Florida, 50% forget it. I'll never see it..

Must be something as I'm typing this at 0% brightness and can see fine.

Wouldn't remain on this as i obviously like it a bit brighter.

08-06-2014 07:28 PM
    Must be something as I'm typing this at 0% brightness and can see fine.

Wouldn't remain on this as i obviously like it a bit brighter.

0% brightness on mine is black. I can barely make it out. Anything under 40% for me is too dark. My eyes are not bad. Hope nothing is wrong with my phone. I already used up my 1 new replacement for ATT. Now I would have to get a warranty refurbished one.

08-06-2014 07:42 PM
    I have mine at -40 brightness.....the G3 can do no wrong (even if it can).
    08-06-2014 08:36 PM
    0% brightness on mine is black. I can barely make it out. Anything under 40% for me is too dark. My eyes are not bad. Hope nothing is wrong with my phone. I already used up my 1 new replacement for ATT. Now I would have to get a warranty refurbished one.

At 0%, is yours viewable in an almost completely dark room? It should be very viewable on your eyes.
    08-06-2014 08:51 PM
    I have mine at -40 brightness.....the G3 can do no wrong (even if it can).
    Why thank you BBseatle I love you to man.

So happy that you still feel the need to single me out.

I'm so honoured

Thank you very very much :-)

Its just such a privilege to here your wise words.

Oh and merely stating a point I'm not saying its perfect.

But thank you for your insightful opinion.

I learn a lot from you its incredible I owe you a great deal of gratitude :-)

Thanks again :-)

08-06-2014 08:58 PM
    This is my G3 at 0% manual brightness in my kitchen with a large overhead fluorescent light.

08-06-2014 09:05 PM
    Dimming the screen is a necessary compromise that people have to make if they want at least serviceable battery life. Ramp up the screen to a comfortable 70+ % and the battery takes a huge hit. So they're left to looking at a miserably dim screen as a power compromise. Then they talk themselves into believing that 0% screen brightness hurts their eyes it's so bright.
    With the G3 you can have either serviceable battery life or a comfortable, bright screen to look at. But not both.
    08-06-2014 09:24 PM
    Here are mine same conditions large overhead Florecant light 0% auto off.

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Love the LG G3 screen! But wish it was brighter!-1407374853290.jpg   Love the LG G3 screen! But wish it was brighter!-1407374868676.jpg  
    08-06-2014 09:29 PM
    At 0%, is yours viewable in an almost completely dark room? It should be very viewable on your eyes.
    Thanks guys for all the post and pics. I am now home and with my screen at 0% under a florescent light I can see it fine. I guess I worry to much..need to stop and enjoy this awesome phone..

MC_A_DOT likes this.
    08-06-2014 09:40 PM
44 12