Wifi randomly goes on

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. Have you always had this problem or is it a recent sudden change? If the latter, have you tried fixing with a soft reset?

Posted via Android Central App

pftwanger

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
There's a feature that some carriers turn on that checks for wifi networks that you've already established a connection with. If you're nearby it turns on automatically. I guess it's intended to help you keep your data down.

I think it's in settings under networking. I had to hunt for it to uncheck it and make it stop.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
(^^^ I didn't know about that and it doesn't apply to me but I'm glad I've learnt.👍)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has this option. It's called Wifi Optimization. But if that doesn't apply here's what you do:

Go into settings / tap wifi / tap the three dots on the top right / tap advanced. There you can uncheck "wifi notification" and it will stop.

sparkyman22

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
on my phone the app is att smart wifi and it turns wifi off and on depending if i can get a connection or not, works pretty good, sometimes I pick up the phone and the wifi will instantly connect once the phone is turned back on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463