LG G3 Unfortunately vzwavsservice has stopped

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. So I've had my G3 for a week and all was well. All of a sudden I am getting.... Unfortunately vzwavsservice has stopped. This happens upon a restart. I dismiss it and all seems fine. I understand that an app may be causing the issue but the only thing that is different than when I was not getting the error message was an update to Google plus. Anyone else have this error message? Any help is appreciated.
If it matters... I am on Verizon.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately vzwavsservice has stopped

Getting the same message. Not sure what it is. Also on Verizon

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

It's because you're on VZW. They like to screw with their customers! :) j/k

Go into settings / apps / scroll to all / and find google+. Tap it and clear cache and data. If that doesn't work, do the same thing except find vzwavsservice and clear its cache and data.

One of those should work. Hope this helps ya!

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

So it definitely is Google+. I uninstalled updates and restarted the phone...no error message. As soon as I allowed it to update and install the error message popped up.

milehi08

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem after a google plus update last night, called verizon and they had me disable vz wav service. after reading your post I was able to fix the issue..Thankyou

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I had the same problem after a google plus update last night, called verizon and they had me disable vz wav service. after reading your post I was able to fix the issue..Thankyou
What exactly did you do to fix the problem?

yshaiam

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site

Samsung s4 - " edit locked - unlocke in menu unlock screen " I can`t find the menu.......

Aero303

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

Same issue on my new Galaxy S5. Downloaded Google Update and error message appeared.
I spoke to verizon tech support who said there are no tech support notes on this issue. (maybe not fessing up)
Seems like a os software conflict. Very annoying. Lets hope for a bug fix update VERY SOON.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Anyone find out from Verizon what VZWAVSService actually does? The support people I talked to on the phone were clueless. They had no idea what it did or that there were even issues.

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I disabled it and everything is working fine. Whatever it is, it can't be that important.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira