Anyway to Remove Carrier ID in the Notification Bar?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Why are you not rooting? I see many people talk about rooting like it's pirating software.

I think people mostly stay away from root because they fear of getting soft bricked or they are just not that technically literate and see it like a heavy job to do.

There's the issue of warranty, as well. Rooting isn't for everyone. Nothing wrong w/that.

IDK when it all changed but thank God our carriers up here no longer pull this **** with their Logos, Splash Screen, etc.

Yes, hiding the Notification Bar is the simplest way.

BTW, I don't Root because I'm lazy and honestly looks complicated. Besides, I'm happy with Nova Prime and I may not be able to uninstall bloat ware but at least I can disable them.

It's basically what was said here. I'm just not comfortable rooting and have literally no desire to do it. I've done it before and I felt like it made my phone more unstable and don't want to have that small fear in the back of my mind that I jacked something up. It's just not in the cards for me - messes with my OCD too much. And I'm lazy and really don't want to mess with it. I also don't want to feel like I have to root to get what I want.

I honestly think that AT&T is worse than Verizon when it comes to this crap. It's insane that they think I want (and/or need) their stupid name blasted on my notification bar. It's sad that it's come to this, but it almost makes me want to stay with my Nexus or get an M8.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If you rooted your phone (does nothing by itself) and only changed to hide the carrier text, then you would be a happy camper.

Sounds like you only want one thing changed that involves rooting. You don't have to be afraid because you're not modifying anything else. Leave it alone after that. Having a rooted phone means nothing compared to a stock phone. It's the modifications afterwards that start to separate them.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If you rooted your phone (does nothing by itself) and only changed to hide the carrier text, then you would be a happy camper.

Sounds like you only want one thing changed that involves rooting. You don't have to be afraid because you're not modifying anything else. Leave it alone after that. Having a rooted phone means nothing compared to a stock phone. It's the modifications afterwards that start to separate them.
It's an LG. If he roots it won't update anymore.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

dapete

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I found a setting buried in Wireless & Networks > More...> Mobile Networks

uncheck:
Show mobile network

Last edited:

sarm1084

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't get rid of the Verizon Wireless in my notification bar nether. I'm using Tweakbox, but the odd thing is the carrier lable wasn't there until I installed Tweakbox. I searched and searched all of the settings on the OS and Tweakbox but I can't seem to find were to get rid of the carriers label in the status bar. Any ideas?

I have the Verizon LG G3 VS985. I'm running JasminROM 7.0 which is a custom ROM based off of the stock 5.0 23C ROM. I am rooted, I have a Bumped TWRP recovery installed and have a current nandroid back, xposed upand running and Tweakbox properly installed.

Thanks in advance. 😊

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Angry_Mushroom

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Hold on... cause for a while I also had the TMO logo thingie in my notification bar along with usage stuff in the drawer. I ended up going to:
-Settings
-General tab
-scroll down to apps
-click and then scroll down to your account app or whatever. Turn of notifications. It worked for me, granted I'm on TMO...

I hope this helps. Granted it sounds as if Verizon is more insistent on making sure you know where your money is going when you use your phone.