LG G3 with Poor Reception

Tenmousers

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I am sitting here in Woodinville, Wa. Major city. Going from 4g to 3g to 1x to no network available. Not moving. Restart phone. Same thing. Returning it tomorrow.

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
LOL. I was in a major/busy part of Orlando, Florida last week and I've never thought I'll see the day that Verizon would provide me with such horrible data. (This was on a LG G2 at the time, btw.) But still, in the morning when I woke up and grabbed my phone and surfed the web, it was a breeze. But once everyone started waking up and started to consume the bandwidth, I swear I couldn't even load a signal mobile page, let alone a full web page. I said all of that, to say this, it may not be the phone but the tower or the network. I would try getting on in the late hours when there is less traffic and if you're still not able to hold an connection, then you should return it. If you are able to hold a connection, then you might want to look into switching carriers. I couldn't imagine people who lived in that part of Orlando that I was staying for vacation, could be happy with Verizon service if that's what they're constantly getting and paying for.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
hate the phone all ya want... but ya know... chances are it could have been a network issue with your carrier. :-\

now if you were going 4g to 3g to 1x everywhere you go... then ya... maybe something with the phone.

I am sitting here in Woodinville, Wa. Major city. Going from 4g to 3g to 1x to no network available. Not moving. Restart phone. Same thing. Returning it tomorrow.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

May be working on the towers.
May be heavy local use.
May be lots of things other than the phone.

BUT, exchange it for another just to be safe.

Mav. :cool:

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure the new phone that you get will never lose reception

Posted via the Android Central App

I have had issues exactly the same and turns out there was a problem with the Network, still happens on occasion such is the way of things lol

Can you compare it to another phone?

Don't think you should be so quick, check to see if there is any issues with your network for your area.

Rule out all possibilities first.

Posted via Android Central App

JoePa2624

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been similar issues of no service and dropping calls. I assumed it was switching carriers until I realized my wife's 5S wasn't having these problems. Replaced the sim card with a new one and it seems to have gotten better. I love this phone but if it keeps up, it will be returned.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Tenmousers

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I am sitting next to my kids who are using their verizon iphone 4-no problem and att galaxy 4-no problem. It's the verizon lg g3. Notice I can't post using the damn phone.

Tim Weatherby

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry tenmousers, been to Woodinville Wa. Not a major city. Sounds like a carrier issue. Need to move closer to Seattle.

Tim Weatherby

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Agree. OE. Too be fair might be defective. Don't hate the phone. Take it back get another. Your too quick to make a huge statement of hate. Pleanty of other phones go back not just G3.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
A quick Google search reveals Woodville has a population of about 11000, which really is not a major city. I'd guess it has 2-4 towers at most. It's quite possible that the towers in that city are undergoing some type of maintenance. Try another phone, or another city before giving up on a great phone.

chriskir

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
OP: What a coincidence. I was just in the Woodinville store yesterday, and picked up the same phone.

Live in Bothell. Don't think I'm having the problems you are describing. What does speedtest.net tell you?

PM me .;-)

swany1970

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I have several friends in in Woodinville, Cottage Lake etc. I haven't experienced any problems. Though it is a "suburb" so if your on the outlying areas you could see spotty areas with any carrier further out. Who knows it could be congestion like others have mentioned or your you may have just got a bad G3. You may just want to swap it for another.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
This sounds like a carrier problem, make sure you call in to your carriers tech support to check the towers in your area and see if any of them are down.

bishang

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I live in Renton (which I wouldn't call major and has almost 10x the population of Woodinville), not having problems at all. Maybe you need to get one of those signal boosters for your home.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Carrier not configure your phone to your account correctly? Call and make sure. May need a reset afterwards just to make sure.

I know when trying to configure my nexus 4 to AT&T I had to use custom APN settings shared on this forum because carrier didn't have Nexus 4 in system and took a few tweaks until I found the one that worked.

I live in Renton (which I wouldn't call major and has almost 10x the population of Woodinville), not having problems at all. Maybe you need to get one of those signal boosters for your home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis