G3...What Will Beat It?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The G3 has caused a lot of discussion in this forum since before it became available. Most owners I bet now love it. What future device will match or beat it? S6? Z3? G4?

Posted via Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Some would argue the M8 and S5 beat it already. Which phone is best really depends on the individual. But it seems likely that the next generation of phones from all the major manufacturers will offer superior performance, battery life, and features, even if only slightly.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
There is only different and some have it beat by the S5 or M8 or Z2 or Oppo ect ect..

I think the Note 4 will most certainly be a great device and one that may get heads turning as Samsung needs it to be stellar so this may challenge certain aspects.

But for some they won't shift from their likes of the G3 and yeh why should they.

Not sure where this thread will go though hmmm lol

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
There is only different and some have it beat by the S5 or M8 or Z2 or Oppo ect ect..

I think the Note 4 will most certainly be a great device and one that may get heads turning as Samsung needs it to be stellar so this may challenge certain aspects.

But for some they won't shift from their likes of the G3 and yeh why should they.

Not sure where this thread will go though hmmm lol

Samsung really need to get it right with the Note 4, they've fallen so much with the Galaxy series. The Note 4 could be an absolute beast. Didn't they sack their head of design after the S5 hopefully the new guy is doing the Note 4. After that, this year the Nexus 6 should be great.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, take the 1440p display. The other manufacturers are going to use them but that will only bring them up to the level of LG, who will have been doing it for months by that time.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Samsung really need to get it right with the Note 4, they've fallen so much with the Galaxy series. The Note 4 could be an absolute beast. Didn't they sack their head of design after the S5 hopefully the new guy is doing the Note 4. After that, this year the Nexus 6 should be great.

Yes the Note 4 does look seriously good from the specs that are available and I'd be very tempted but isn't the price going to be astronomical?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, take the 1440p display. The other manufacturers are going to use them but that will only bring them up to the level of LG, who will have been doing it for months by that time.

One must remember 1440 super amoled and some believe this to be the holy grail of screen technology lol jokes aside the Note 4 will be great and have some interesting features no doubt ;-P

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Nothing. Unless hTc, Samsung and/or Sony can match what LG did with the display. Not the 2K but squeezing 5.5".

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes the Note 4 does look seriously good from the specs that are available and I'd be very tempted but isn't the price going to be astronomical?

Between £550-600 I believe. The M8 is currently around £530 whilst the G3 has had a price cut and is around £450 in the Carphone Warehouse UK.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Some would argue the M8 and S5 beat it already. Which phone is best really depends on the individual. But it seems likely that the next generation of phones from all the major manufacturers will offer superior performance, battery life, and features, even if only slightly.

G3 is the best phone on the market as of now.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
One must remember 1440 super amoled and some believe this to be the holy grail of screen technology lol jokes aside the Note 4 will be great and have some interesting features no doubt ;-P

I looked closely at a Note 3 in a store recently, full brightness it's true, specially vivid-colour demo video it's true, but I was very very impressed....and that with 380ppi or whatever. Note 4 should be fantastic.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
A number of phones recently have proved that people are happy with big, at least the high-end devices. Think what could be done with the battery for example if people are happy to go a bit bigger still.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Between £550-600 I believe. The M8 is currently around £530 whilst the G3 has had a price cut and is around £450 in the Carphone Warehouse UK.

You're right it seems to have come down...I read somewhere some time ago about £750.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely nothing on the market as of now will beat this phone. And, I see nothing in the rumor mill that has a better phone in mind. Samsung can't match LG's reception so the Note 4 may have impressive specs but will still get the same crappy reception.

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
You're right it seems to have come down...I read somewhere some time ago about £750.

£750 for the Note4? I don't think Samsung would be that stupid,it would be suicide. Read an article last week that said it would be at most £600 but most likely around £550. Any higher than that and they'll price themselves out of the market.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
M8 and S5 came before the G3 so although those two devices are overall better user experiences than the G3, the OP was asking about FUTURE devices.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
M8 and S5 came before the G3 so although those two devices are overall better user experiences than the G3, the OP was asking about FUTURE devices.

Yes, the near future, the devices that have preferably got to beat the G3 from the manufacturers' point of view. The M8 and S5 may actually be better phones overall for all I know, but their manufacturers will feel they'll have to offer something new to compete.

Of course we've been thinking Android but if I were Mr Apple or Mr Window I'd be working very hard right now to think of a quantum leap in OS and devices that might close the gap with Google, but that if it happens would have to be in the more distant future.

rog152

May 24, 2010
Visit site
The rumor mill has both Moto X+1 and the Sony Z3 coming with the same 801 chip and 1080p screens. So not these two.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The rumor mill has both Moto X+1 and the Sony Z3 coming with the same 801 chip and 1080p screens. So not these two.

That's a surprise and slight disappointment if true. But in truth 1080p can be superb so perhaps they'll be relying on some other feature.

Thanks to all for responses it's very late where I am so I must do some eye-shutting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc