G3 from a Nexus user perspective

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Having had various HTC and Samsung phones over the years, I vowed never to go back to those types of phones again after getting my first Nexus.
After nearly 2 years with a Nexus 4 and no sign yet of the Nexus 6, I decided to go into my local phone store and see the G3. Love at first sight and 10 minutes later I walked out with one!
Well that's me had my G3 for 3 full days now and it's more than exceeded my expectations. The look and feel of the phone is superb, fits my hands perfectly. The battery life - You have no idea how good it feels to get through a day of fairly heavy use and not have to charge the thing at least once!
The camera blows me away, it's literally night and day compared to my Nexus, cannot wait to have a good play around with it!
The thing I was most nervous about was the UI having been used to vanilla android, but this is great - really simple and intuitive without being over the top, even the keyboard is great and I was a big fan of the android keyboard but I'm sticking with this one.
The removable battery and micro sd expansion were the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned 😀

A great job LG, can't fault it at all - 10/10!

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
There are many G3 owners who know exactly how you feel about this device.😀

pftwanger

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I, too, came from the Nexus 4. I still like the N4, and I'm looking forward to messing around with Android L when it becomes available.

That said, I'm two-weeks into my new LG G3 on T-Mobile, and I haven't stopped smiling yet. Unquestionably the best smartphone I've ever owned. Your comments are right on the money!

Cervantesmx

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Having had various HTC and Samsung phones over the years, I vowed never to go back to those types of phones again after getting my first Nexus.
After nearly 2 years with a Nexus 4 and no sign yet of the Nexus 6, I decided to go into my local phone store and see the G3. Love at first sight and 10 minutes later I walked out with one!
Well that's me had my G3 for 3 full days now and it's more than exceeded my expectations. The look and feel of the phone is superb, fits my hands perfectly. The battery life - You have no idea how good it feels to get through a day of fairly heavy use and not have to charge the thing at least once!
The camera blows me away, it's literally night and day compared to my Nexus, cannot wait to have a good play around with it!
The thing I was most nervous about was the UI having been used to vanilla android, but this is great - really simple and intuitive without being over the top, even the keyboard is great and I was a big fan of the android keyboard but I'm sticking with this one.
The removable battery and micro sd expansion were the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned 😀

A great job LG, can't fault it at all - 10/10!

I too came from a Nexus device, a Galaxy Nexus and I also love my G3 ☺

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I came from a Nexus 5 (and posted my own long-winded observations here) and I have to agree... It was the one-two combo of the battery and camera that won me over.

And my expiriences with Wi-Fi calling hope that there is some way that Google and the carriers can work out a way to get on a Nexus phone....

bongaroo

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
If you haven't tried it yet, you could download the google experience launcher. I have bounced back and forth between the two and have currently settled on it for now.

Makes my phone run and look just like my friends nexus 5.

Posted via my LG G3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance