die lg voice mate die die DIE ahhh!!!!!

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
So I'm a recent convert to android after five years of iphone, which I had gotten bored with. And I gotta say, I *love* the g3, which is pretty much perfect in all respects except for the lg's creepy and intrusive voice mate app. Omg I hate this app! It intrudes randomly on my music at least 30+ times a day asking if I need anything, even though I hadn't said anything. And so I try to turn it off but I can't - there's no off switch! And so ok voice mate screw you - ill just disable the app. But that doesn't work because Im interrupted *twice as much* with notifications to reinstall. And when I ignore those notifications, super-creepy voice mate re-installs itself anyway! And so oh now I'm pissed ("siri didnt do this!!!"), so I turn off auto-update, which is great because voice mate is now gone for good I hope, except that the stupid annoying notifications nagging me to reinstall voice mate still interrupt me 8000+ times a day. Seriously, im obsessed, and im *totally* ready to root my phone to get rid of this goddamned app (bring. it. on. - i should have switched to android *years ago*). And so specifically I want to know if anyone has successfully completely removed voicemate from their phones, or perhaps without rooting, to turn the update nagging off? Because - understand, voice mate must be defeated. I have to kill it!

Posted via the Android Central App

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Lol neither have i. But since I live in the Netherlands I wouldn't use it anyway, cause it's probably English only.

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I reinstalled voice mate just to check that out and no, that doesn't turn voice mate off (i've been to that screen like a million times already). And thats because *there is no way* to turn voice mate off, short of rooting your phone.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is it because you have headphones plugged in? I don't think I've ever had this app bother me after tri week's with the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
So I rooted my phone and rather than blowing up voice mate with dynamite as originally planned, I froze the app using Transmission Pro, and that seems to have stopped not only the app itself but the endless (and infinitely annoying) install nags as well. Im like, "ahh, blissful silence..." Its like the baby stopped crying. I'm beginning to cry with quiet joy and relief that my phone might finally be free of the Monster. Fingers crossed... Please say a prayer for me.

Posted via the Android Central

Last edited:

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
So I rooted my phone and rather than blowing up voice mate with dynamite as originally planned, I froze the app using Transmission Pro, and that seems to have stopped not only the app itself but the endless (and infinitely annoying) install nags as well. Im like, "ahh, blissful silence..." Its like the baby stopped crying. I'm beginning to cry with quiet joy and relief that my phone might finally be free of the Monster. Fingers crossed... Please say a prayer for me.

Posted via the Android Central

Dear lord who resides in heaven, may the voice inside his phone be dead and gone.

Amen lol

Ahhh was a joke OK :p

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
All you had to do is this:

Settings > apps > scroll to all > find voice command > clear cache and data > tap disable > find Voice mate > clear cache and data > tap disable

This disables both apps to never be heard from again. :)

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
No gator - disabling voice mate doesn't work! What happens when you do that is that it sends you these annoying nag notifications that you should reinstall voice mate. These messages stop whatever you are doing and are extremely aggravating. If you ignore them lg reinstalls voice mate automatically after 24 hours and so I did everything you said every morning until I was ready to set my phone on 🔥 And so you say the solution to automatic re-installation is to turn off auto-update in the google store. And yes that prevents voice mate from reinstalling, but it doesn't stop the constant notifications! That's where I started my first post. The only way to get rid of the notifications is to root your phone and freeze or nuke voice mate completely. Its a unique app. Try to get rid of it and let me know if it stays gone.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Oh and thanks Duncan 1982! I dont know if it was your prayer or my Sub-Zero fatality moves* but im happy to say that my phone has been perfectly silent all day and im so chill right now omg this is heaven lol.

* e.g. - http:/ /youtu.be/lQSMWcXoVA0

Last edited:

Andrei Balashov

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
So I'm a recent convert to android after five years of iphone, which I had gotten bored with. And I gotta say, I *love* the g3, which is pretty much perfect in all respects except for the lg's creepy and intrusive voice mate app. Omg I hate this app! ... I have to kill it!

How do you undelete it? I hate it even harder, man

Fredrik Burmester

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Easiest way (root) is to go in to your file browser of choice and find the file libQvoiceActivation.so and remove it. Done. Don't even need to reboot the device. Be sure to make a copy of the file if you want Voice Mate back.

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, I have the same problem. Haven't been able to find a way to stop this. I didn't root my phone and hoping there'll be way to stop it