LG G3 wireless charging US version

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: wireless charging US version

You can get a battery cover that has it on it. They go from 30.00 to 60 dollars on eBay.

Posted via Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

On At&t the circle case is the only wireless charging option and it's PMA (At&t only) not Qi

skyjjc

May 2, 2011
Visit site

If your talking about the LG Slim Guard case no one knows since it doesn't appear to be available for US models yet. The charging back link in my post above is working fine on my Verizon VS985. I originally bought the quick circle charging case from Verizon and it works fine too, but the flap proved too cumbersome for my usage style. Standard protective cases fit just fine over this replacement back and the phone still charges at least for the two I've tried.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I can speak for the quick circle case... For me it's made a great phone even better. Feels a lot better than the original back, and the QI charging works great!

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

cbb77

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

I have this sticker and can confirm it is extremely easy to install. Will work on Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint. Does NOT work on AT&T. There is someone on XDA who is buying these in bulk and selling them. That's how I got mine. Again, extremely easy to install. Also easy to remove the stock NFC only sticker that come standard on back cover. I would highly recommend.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the clarity... I forgot that I may have read somewhere it worked on the other carriers BUT the AT&T models and for some reason thought bembol had an AT&T variant. Man, I wish it did work on my carrier.

I have this sticker and can confirm it is extremely easy to install. Will work on Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint. Does NOT work on AT&T. There is someone on XDA who is buying these in bulk and selling them. That's how I got mine. Again, extremely easy to install. Also easy to remove the stock NFC only sticker that come standard on back cover. I would highly recommend.

cbb77

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, not sure why AT&T went this route for G3. They didn't do this for SG5. This is main reason I did not purchase the G3 from AT&T. PMA stinks due to no availability beyond AT&T case. Also bootloader was locked. Thus picked up T-Mobile unit and running it on AT&T network without issue :)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Do you actually have the housing on the phone and it is charging Qi?

Because last I read, AT&T deactivated Qi charging on the phone even though it has the port visible.

Do you have a link to the thread that says they got Qi charging working on the AT&T G3?

What? No, I have received either.

IDK about what AT&T did but I have the Bell D852 G3.

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, not sure why AT&T went this route for G3. They didn't do this for SG5. This is main reason I did not purchase the G3 from AT&T. PMA stinks due to no availability beyond AT&T case. Also bootloader was locked. Thus picked up T-Mobile unit and running it on AT&T network without issue :)

Samsung Black Wireless Charging Back Cover - Samsung Galaxy S 5

Are you sure AT&T didn't go PMA for their version of the S5???

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I received the LG wireless back cover last night but can't use it because I ended up selling my Nillkin charging orb with the S5. :(

Another week or two for the WCD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith