LG G3 Verizon Bloatware?

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I am looking into buying the G3 while it is $99 with 2 year contract plan More Everything 4 GB. I am wondering if they may do a BOGO at the $99 price and I would add a 3rd line possibly as my SG3 contact isn't up till December. Wife's phone is Droid DNA and she had been ox contact for 9 months. We are staying with Verizon paying $190/month with the 4GB More Everything Plan that does not allow you to upgrade before 24 months are up.

Sorry should just ask how the Bloatware on Verizon is? How much of the 32GB is actually free when you turn on for first time with no new apps? Are these Bloatware apps amble to be disabled?

Thanks ahead of time.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Compared to Verizon Samsung phones, the G3 has maybe 25% of the bloatware the Galaxy S4 came with; only giving the S4 user about 9GB of usable flash memory. I'm an extremely picky, selective cellphone user, and I'm extremely happy with the G3.

The one and only subpar G3 feature is its battery. I use my phone heavily and don't quite get a full day. BUT, a 9,000mAh battery from an after market company (I forgot their name) should be available by the end of the month. And if you aren't a power user, the stock 3,000mAh should last all day for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Bloatware?

I wouldn't call the battery in this phone sub par. It's definitely on par with the rest of the batteries in smart phones. It isn't the best battery life available, but it performs pretty well compared to all the other phones.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

I am looking into buying the G3 while it is $99 with 2 year contract plan More Everything 4 GB. I am wondering if they may do a BOGO at the $99 price and I would add a 3rd line possibly as my SG3 contact isn't up till December. Wife's phone is Droid DNA and she had been ox contact for 9 months. We are staying with Verizon paying $190/month with the 4GB More Everything Plan that does not allow you to upgrade before 24 months are up.

Sorry should just ask how the Bloatware on Verizon is? How much of the 32GB is actually free when you turn on for first time with no new apps? Are these Bloatware apps amble to be disabled?

Thanks ahead of time.

G3 has a sd card slot so storage room will never be a problem

Posted via Android Central App

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

Just root it with towel root and remove the bloatware. It literally takes 10 minutes and you dont even need a computer

cowboys2000

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Everyone isn't comfortable rooting their device. Plus why should we have to risk bricking a phone or voiding the warranty?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Actually, pretty much all of the Verizon bloat you can just disable in the App Manager.

No need to root and remove it, just disable all of it.

Works for me.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Compared to Verizon Samsung phones, the G3 has maybe 25% of the bloatware the Galaxy S4 came with; only giving the S4 user about 9GB of usable flash memory. I'm an extremely picky, selective cellphone user, and I'm extremely happy with the G3.

The one and only subpar G3 feature is its battery. I use my phone heavily and don't quite get a full day. BUT, a 9,000mAh battery from an after market company (I forgot their name) should be available by the end of the month. And if you aren't a power user, the stock 3,000mAh should last all day for you.

Just root it and install cwm or twrp but TWRP is the best :) abd flash a rom and bloatwares gone and enjoy :D

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Everyone isn't comfortable rooting their device. Plus why should we have to risk bricking a phone or voiding the warranty?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well, as long as you can follow directions, it's hard to brick a phone. And as far as warranties are concerned, it's fairly easy to flash back to bone stock if you need to return it... They only have a root check, no flash counter like Samsung and Knox.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

I saw where it was suppose to be out early July and mid July with two different cases. Do you mind sharing the link you saw?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie