How many rooted LG G3 users are out there?

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I have recently rooted my G3 using towel root. How did you guys root and do you have any suggestions on what apps to use with root?

Posted via the Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yup I first rooted with towelroot and then soft bricked, recovered by flashing firmware image, updated to v10g, I then had to use purpledrake as the rest do not work after the software update.

My Root apps are...

G3 tweakbox

Trickster Mod

Textdroider DPI

Busybox pro

Obviously you need Xposed Framework

App ops starter

Root Explorer

System app uninstaller.

I now have my G3 set just right and no further tweaks are required :)

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
AT&T G3
Rooted using ioroot
Just Xposed, G3 Tweaksbox, Root Explorer... (I also have a YouTube Ad blocker module for Xposed installed, but I can't remember the exact name).

Edit: Also recommend the fix for all weather animations on the lock screen.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Is xposed framework safe? Because i was going to download but im afraid of bricking my device

Yes Xposed is Safe however just be careful of the modules you run and tweak and mess with.

Keep to the basics & you will be fine.

Don't go diving in deep, i recently did and softbricked & its just my experience that got me back up & running.

All apps above are fine but even with trickster mod be careful.

If your just after things like centre clock, circle battery, volume steps, changing status bar & toggle colours, DPI is fine but don't drop below 540dpi, I'm currently on 570dpi and it's great.

So stick to basics and your sound :)

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Framework is safe. Modules not approved or tested for the G3 (everything but G3TweaksBox) are not safe.

I will always root because I want the most out of my phone.

FastKatt

Mar 21, 2010
www.BandM-Services.com
Rooted by computer, ended up soft bricked. Recovered with computer then Stump rooted. No issues since

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Is xposed framework safe?

Yes, as long as you pay attention. Be careful when loading modules for other versions of Android. A lot of people load GravityBox, but that's designed for AOSP roms, like the Nexus stuff. There are some settings specific to those roms that will cause errors if set.

The other aspect is security. Stick to modules that have a good history... Something to help clue you in that it isn't a malicious module or a keylogger, etc. Known and trusted devs on XDA, for instance.

And make a backup! 😃 A good nandroid will get you out of a lot of binds.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone find a good version of twrp or clockwork that works on the Sprint version?

Posted via Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm rooted fine with Stump Root and I'm using Xposed but yea I'm afraid to do much without having a custom recovery

The bootloader has nothing to do with rooting. I believe T-Mobile is the only carrier with an unlocked bootloader. With it locked, you will not be able to use a recovery or modify the boot in any way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power