Finally took the G3 plunge from Samsung Note 2

VolMan37421

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Finally,

I was finally able to take the plunge into the G3. I've only had a few hours and I must say that it's an amazing device. Here's a few thoughts for anyone who's still on the fence about picking this phone up.

The screen colors are very different from the Samsung universe of colors. However, I completely agree that the G3 palate gives it a more "grown-up" feel. That is definitely in the eye of the beholder and will vary from person to person, but after two years with Samsung, it's a nice change of pace.

The phone just feels great in my hand. It really does fit into the palm well when using it for calls. It was very comfortable and not slick or slippery at all, which I had read about but was a bit skeptical about, but not now.

Call quality was good. It does have a different sound than the Note 2, though. So, newcomers to the phone be aware that there is a different sound to the callers. Not a bad thing, just different and something I wasn't expecting.

The screen is amazing! Granted, looking at apps or regular HD stuff is not much different but it's still a great screen.

Dont' worry about the physical buttons on the back...knock on will be your new best friend. That's seriously cool and really handy. I haven't tried knock code yet, but that seems to be a great feature too.

I have to say that I was not liking giving up screen real estate for on screen buttons instead of phyiscal ones like the Note 2. However, it doesn't really affect the user experience as they hide quite nicely when an app is running.

Speaking of apps, don't freak out of some of your apps aren't compatable. I had several games (that I really like) which are not compatable at the moment. Hopefully it will not last long.

ALERT to FoxFi users...this app worked great on my Note 2. Loaded just fine onto the G3, but when I tried to start it...it forced me to either sign up for a subscription or cancel. This is the only real negative I've found with regard to the apps. I really used this app...but no more it seems.

Just a note for accessories...I got the tempered glass screen protector, really against my better judgment. However, it works great and feels like I'm touching the actual screen. More expensive for sure, but it appears to work as it should and hopefully provides another layer of protection.

I'll try to update this in a few days after using the phone more. If you are on the fence and want a great phone I would highly recommend giving the G3 a good look.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the G3 forum. There's a lot of enjoyment ahead of you from your phone and from the forum.☺

Posted via Android Central App

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm also going from a note2 to the g3 in a month or so... looking forward to it.

Posted via the Android Central App

VolMan37421

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi.

Just wanted to give you another heads up about the keyboard when texting. I have large hands and the preset keyboard for the G3 is smaller than on the Note 2. I believe it's customizable but I haven't had a chance to do that. I keep hitting the comma button for the spacebar. The first message that I noticed it on it looked like visual hiccups. Anyway, I believe you'll enjoy the G3. It really is a great phone.

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

Just wanted to give you another heads up about the keyboard when texting. I have large hands and the preset keyboard for the G3 is smaller than on the Note 2. I believe it's customizable but I haven't had a chance to do that. I keep hitting the comma button for the spacebar. The first message that I noticed it on it looked like visual hiccups. Anyway, I believe you'll enjoy the G3. It really is a great phone.

I had the same predicament yesterday. Then I remembered that we could resize the keyboard! Yey, so no more bumping on the wrong keys!

I am still discovering more of the functionalities of the G3. So far so good!

via Tapatalk on LG G3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis