G3 or z2

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I am abel to trade my g3 with an z2. Should I do this or?

Battery life and speed is a big thing for me.

G3

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
A downgrade on both the screen size and quality, and downgrade on battery (non-removable), but it's a good phone. Ugly, though.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The Z2 is one very very good device and here is the but so is the G3.

Battery life on the Z2 is better, but its not removable and we all know after time batteries degrade. So although the G3 is below the Z2 in regards to battery life, it wins it back a bit by being removable.

Performance of the Z2 is great and you'll find it very pleasing.

The Camera is brilliant and provides many great features and in a well designed app. This you will find a joy and results are stunning.

I will cut this short as I have previously written somewhere in here on this...

Would I say trade in...only if your finding the G3's features or the device in general not meeting your requirements.

Your call....:)

Posted via the Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Unless cash is added to the trade I wouldn't bother. I loved it but the display, size and the lack of features bothered me. TBH, I got too excited about build materials, just like with the M8.

Not happy with the G3's battery & performance?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Removable battery seems to be a big thing. Unless you want to swap batteries out thru the day because your a heavy user, it's really no big deal to most if the only reason is battery starts degrading...How many of us will still have the phone when that actually happens, there are some on here already looking at the note 4 or in this case the z2.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Unless cash is added to the trade I wouldn't bother. I loved it but the display, size and the lack of features bothered me. TBH, I got too excited about build materials, just like with the M8.

Im kinda happy actually with my g3. I just get bored really easy.

I've heard the battery was better on the z2 and that's actually a big plus. I don't mind a none removable battery, because I've never used a phone more than 12 months ( more like every 2-4 months )

I do think the g3 lags sometime.. I'm already running ART on it in the hope it got way better. Still see the phone lag from time to time. For example when I want to see my apps that are running.

Almost every time I use an app I close the app almost immediately. Sometimes it just won't show the app..

Its not a big problem but I'm such a phone junky that I'm actually starting to hate it.

G3

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Removable battery seems to be a big thing. Unless you want to swap batteries out thru the day because your a heavy user, it's really no big deal to most if the only reason is battery starts degrading...How many of us will still have the phone when that actually happens, there are some on here already looking at the note 4 or in this case the z2.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Its not that this phone sucks! Its me.. I want to have every phone. For some strange reason when I have the phone it gets bored easy.

I'm checking phones every day (China phones included) and most of the high end phones do have something that catches my eyes and can't get it out of my head.

G3

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Which phone will be more expensive in the long time?

Sony does a 6month cycle when LG does a 12 month cycle.

G3

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
A downgrade on both the screen size and quality, and downgrade on battery (non-removable), but it's a good phone. Ugly, though.
Disagree about the screen. Once you get the RGB values on the Z2 correct,the screen is stunning add to that Xreality and the Bravia engine, the colours really pop and it looks really great.Out of the flagships I've used this year its got the best screen and camera. It does look uglier than the G3 though.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Disagree about the screen. Once you get the RGB values on the Z2 correct,the screen is stunning add to that Xreality and the Bravia engine, the colours really pop and it looks really great.Out of the flagships I've used this year its got the best screen and camera. It does look uglier than the G3 though.

So the screen of the g3 looks better?

G3

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
So the screen of the g3 looks better?

G3
The actual device is uglier because of the squareness and bezels but i personally prefer the Z2s display. The resolution isn't as high as the G3 but colours, brightness and vibrance to me are better i like the Z2s triluminous display.I'd keep the Z2 but the Note 4 is out next month so I'll get that next. (Caveat....its only my opinion!).

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
The actual device is uglier because of the squareness and bezels but i personally prefer the Z2s display. The resolution isn't as high as the G3 but colours, brightness and vibrance to me are better i like the Z2s triluminous display.I'd keep the Z2 but the Note 4 is out next month so I'll get that next. (Caveat....its only my opinion!).

I actually need a good bright screen duo to sunlight etc.

IPhone has such a screen and keeps their value but it's still an IPhone.

Heard that the battery on the z2 is pretty good, this is kinda important for me.

What about the value of the z2? Will it be as (in)expansive as the g3 in a few months? Since I'm planning to keep this phone for a longer period. Promised my fiance that I would not buy me another phone till may.

Was actually planning to buy the opo and on the day I got my invite I had to buy her an engagement ring so si had to pass on it...

Btw the squares or not really a problem since I keep my device safe in a case. I really can't stand a scratch on my phone!

G3

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I actually need a good bright screen duo to sunlight etc.

IPhone has such a screen and keeps their value but it's still an IPhone.

Heard that the battery on the z2 is pretty good, this is kinda important for me.

What about the value of the z2? Will it be as (in)expansive as the g3 in a few months? Since I'm planning to keep this phone for a longer period. Promised my fiance that I would not buy me another phone till may.

Was actually planning to buy the opo and on the day I got my invite I had to buy her an engagement ring so si had to pass on it...

Btw the squares or not really a problem since I keep my device safe in a case. I really can't stand a scratch on my phone!

G3
Yeah, the Z2s battery's good. Lasts me morning to night fairly easily but you can remove the G3s battery so that's a good point for the G3. The only downside to the Z2 for me is the resolution, it does look very,very slightly more "blocky" compared to the G3 but then I prefer the brightness, XReality,Bravia engine and more vivid colours of the Z2. At the moment it seems some phones are better at some things and some are better for others,there no real outstanding winner. Resell value?I'm not sure to be honest.

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Have had both. Z2 has a brighter and more impressive screen, better battery, water resistance, is smoother, has front speakers and no att bloat etc although it does have several useless Sony apps. On the downside it is very fragile as it is glass on front and back and has only 16GB internal storage which is nuts for a flagship in my opinion. Auto mode on the Z2 is superb. Also Sony updates its flagship every 6 months but the Sony holds it's value better. The G3 is already 500 or less for a new one on Swappa I believe.

Both are great phones. If I had to choose, I would choose the G3 because the Sony was too fragile for me and it made me nervous because it is an expensive phone.
I don't think you can go "naked" with the Z2. I've a tempered glass screen protector and back case on mine and its fine.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you can go "naked" with the Z2. I've a tempered glass screen protector and back case on mine and its fine.

Im always taking care of my phones tho!:)

Just need as much money from the phone when I will sell it again.

Btw I live in Europe so I got no ideas about your prices. Only thing o know that you can buy things for cheap in the US Lool..

G3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol