Memory Card unmounting

Brian McMahon

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Been having some problems when trying to view photos in the gallery stored on the memory card in my G3. When selecting a photo to share etc I get an error message saying the memory card has been unmounted, then a few seconds later it says memory card installed again.

Just wondering if anyone has come across this before or maybe with different types of memory cards. I'm using a Kingston micro sd card. Have tried formatting it and seeing if that helps but still the same. This happened on my first G3 as well which I had to return for exchange.

Other sd cards produce the same result, just wondering if it's just a bug.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not experienced here but its possible it could be the make of the SD card, have you got any others Sandisk to try out?

I have the Sandisk 64gb that I have used with many phones and all is sweet & dandy :)

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a Sony SD card and haven't seen any issues with it. If you're able to reproduce the glitch on multiple cards, either your card reader slot is bad or it's the OS. Hard to say.

rtapales

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've used Kingston, PNY and Transcend and have had problems off and on with them on my old S4 with it not reading the cards even after attempting on my PC with a reader. Each time is was the card. Not sure why. I have a SanDisk - more $$ I know but so far have not had an issue even though I am now using same card on my G3. I use to go nuts thinking it was the phone too..

Brian McMahon

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Purchased a Sandisk 64gb and looks to be working like a charm thanks guys. The Kingston works fine in my S5, LG must not like it for some reason anyway all good now.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech