Really bad Hangout quality

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So my beau and I both have the G3, same phone cover. Past couple of weeks, goofing off, we'v started video hangouts with each other when we're in different places in the house. Horrible results. We're on wireless WiFi (I pay for 10GB connection). I can't hear him at all until he takes his cover off, we both have very bad echo/reverb and poor video. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad with video Hangouts on the G3?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
No problems here.
It may be because you are both using the same WiFi to Hangout in.
Not sure about the cover thing.

Mav. :cool:

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
So my beau and I both have the G3, same phone cover. Past couple of weeks, goofing off, we'v started video hangouts with each other when we're in different places in the house. Horrible results. We're on wireless WiFi (I pay for 10GB connection). I can't hear him at all until he takes his cover off, we both have very bad echo/reverb and poor video. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad with video Hangouts on the G3?

My wife and I "hangout" daily. She has an M8 I've got the G3. We're both on Wi-Fi during our video chat. Not sure why but quality differs day to day, minute to minute throughout the chat. Video chatting on hangouts (or any other video chat service) is not nearly as stable as facetime. I'd really like Google to make this service more stable, Apple figured it out. Even without a case there's been quite a few times when the audio cuts in and out through the call. Have no idea how to fix the issue. I have great Wi-Fi speeds at both locations. When it does work well it makes it worth it

Posted via Android Central App

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I believe it's related to you both being on the same WiFi network. When my wife and I use it at home to entertain our son, it's choppy. Recently when she went to Nashville and we used it so she could tell him goodnight from far away, it worked great.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I believe it's related to you both being on the same WiFi network. When my wife and I use it at home to entertain our son, it's choppy. Recently when she went to Nashville and we used it so she could tell him goodnight from far away, it worked great.

Exactly. And that both are in close proximity. Kinda like placing a microphone next to a speaker....get that horrible feedback.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Hangouts video has never been real stable for me at times its great and other times its horrible. As far as face time goes I can attest that u had the same results with apples FaceTime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers