AT&T Contract from Best Buy VS AT&T Store

RumpRoast

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The difference for me was Best Buy could not retain my unlimited plan on AT&T. I originally went to BB because they had the G3 for $100 w/ $100 gc while the AT&T store was $200 and got to keep my unlimited plan. I went to AT&T and ended up getting the LG Tone half off with the G3 promo. I wanted the gc to buy a headset anyway since the G3 didn't come with any.

Posted via Android Central App

joe watson1

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if applies for the G3 but when I was looking at the S5 I was told I could try it for 14 days with no obligation. I asked what about a restocking fee? He said there was no restocking fee. ATT told me there was a $35 fee.

Peter Rokkos

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I was able to get a 100 best buy store credit for buying the g3 three weeks or so ago on att next. Best buy offered the same deal as the att store of 199 on contract or next pricing of about 30 a month for 20 months or so. If u take next plan they give u the 100 credit and even let u apply it to taxes on the spot as u have to pay sales tax on whole K price. I wasn't a next plan fan but this a 10gb family plan they charge u 40 a month for a subsidized line or 15 for non subsidized [may be higher can't recall] so the math was better to go with next particularly with the credit.

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
The difference for me was Best Buy could not retain my unlimited plan on AT&T. I originally went to BB because they had the G3 for $100 w/ $100 gc while the AT&T store was $200 and got to keep my unlimited plan. I went to AT&T and ended up getting the LG Tone half off with the G3 promo. I wanted the gc to buy a headset anyway since the G3 didn't come with any.

Don't know why they told you that. I've been buying phones from Best Buy for quite a while and have always been able to keep my unlimited data. I buy from them, because I always take advantage of their phone freedom promo. I got the G3 for $100 on a 2 year contract and got a $50 gift card that was applied to the purchase, making the G3 only $50 + the tax on the full price of the phone.

10pmStalker

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get a 100 best buy store credit for buying the g3 three weeks or so ago on att next. Best buy offered the same deal as the att store of 199 on contract or next pricing of about 30 a month for 20 months or so. If u take next plan they give u the 100 credit and even let u apply it to taxes on the spot as u have to pay sales tax on whole K price. I wasn't a next plan fan but this a 10gb family plan they charge u 40 a month for a subsidized line or 15 for non subsidized [may be higher can't recall] so the math was better to go with next particularly with the credit.
My contract is about to expire. If I go in wanting the family plan I would be charged $15 per line since it's a fresh contract correct?

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded one of my lines with no changes to my plan for the $99 price. I also received a $50 gift card at purchase for registering for a promo earlier in the year.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My contract is about to expire. If I go in wanting the family plan I would be charged $15 per line since it's a fresh contract correct?

10GB for $100 plan gives you the $15/ line price.

I switched earlier this year while still on contaract to the new plan. Went from 6gb shared with 3 lines for ~$200 to 10gb shared for $145. It's an awesome deal for some, and 10gb is about 4gb more than i'd even use normally lol

Lots of info on this is the AT&T forum section here

RumpRoast

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Don't know why they told you that. I've been buying phones from Best Buy for quite a while and have always been able to keep my unlimited data. I buy from them, because I always take advantage of their phone freedom promo. I got the G3 for $100 on a 2 year contract and got a $50 gift card that was applied to the purchase, making the G3 only $50 + the tax on the full price of the phone.

I wish I knew the answer but the gentleman that helped me was also the manager in that dept and showed me on his pc where he had to choose the data plan. The unlimited option was not available for him to select. He showed me because when he told me it was not available I gave him a BS look.

Another customer was told the same thing when trying to get an iPhone 5c for her son. ATT was able to give me the phone I want and was able to keep my existing plan so I'm happy

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if applies for the G3 but when I was looking at the S5 I was told I could try it for 14 days with no obligation. I asked what about a restocking fee? He said there was no restocking fee. ATT told me there was a $35 fee.

Yeah... wonderful AT&T. $35 restocking fee.

When I bought my M8 unlocked direct from HTC ...there was zero fees of any sort to send back. Imagine, you take an item back to Sears or ****'s Sporting and they charge you $35 to return it. Only the carriers can get away with this brazen hostility to their own customers.

10pmStalker

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
10GB for $100 plan gives you the $15/ line price.

I switched earlier this year while still on contaract to the new plan. Went from 6gb shared with 3 lines for ~$200 to 10gb shared for $145. It's an awesome deal for some, and 10gb is about 4gb more than i'd even use normally lol

Lots of info on this is the AT&T forum section here
Im seeing some people having to pay $40 per line. Did you subsidize the phones or did you have them already?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Im seeing some people having to pay $40 per line. Did you subsidize the phones or did you have them already?

$40/line if on contract.

I already had the phones and they switched me to the new plan, saving me $25/line. now if i go and buy a new phone full price, nothing changes in my monthly. but if i use NEXT program, i pay the monthly price of the new phone which raises the bill that much.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I wish I knew the answer but the gentleman that helped me was also the manager in that dept and showed me on his pc where he had to choose the data plan. The unlimited option was not available for him to select. He showed me because when he told me it was not available I gave him a BS look.

Another customer was told the same thing when trying to get an iPhone 5c for her son. ATT was able to give me the phone I want and was able to keep my existing plan so I'm happy

You need to go back in there and ask for them to change it back or go into an ATT store and tell them best buy changed your plan from unlimited data because they said they had no other option and the ATT store should be able to put you back into it. Because it is a plan no longer offered they will have to submit a case to higher up people like me to put it back but it should be done. Next time you go in there tell them that it is possible.