LG G3 SMS texting on desktop

RickRock03

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Samsung has Kies Air and IOS has Continuity. Does LG have a native app that will allow me to send SMS texts from my desktop?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you only want to send an SMS, or do you need to carry on a conversation? If you only need to send a text, most wireless services assign a phone number to a unique email address, and an email sent to that address will come through as a text message on the phone. Check with the wireless carrier. For example, on T-Mobile, it's [10 digit phone number]@tmomail.net. I don't think the recipient can text you back directly to your email address, though.

If you have Verizon, you could use Verizon Messages: Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Push bullet more let's you quick reply, but you need the app installed and the browser extension. Mighty text also allows you to view all conversations. You also need the app and browser extension.

RickRock03

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
B.Diddy
I want to carry on a conversation. I know there are third party apps, but I was told that the LG G3 has a "built in" app. I have AT&T.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Try out Airdroid - complete desktop interface with your phone, including texting.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
So nobody knows about a native app?

I think what you were told and are referring to is the PC Suite LG offers on their website. Your model number is D850 and the one marked G3 i s D855. So it may or may not work. My Sprint model isn't even listed. Not sure about the SMS from the PC though.

vasqued2

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So nobody knows about a native app?

With AT&T, you can go to messages.att.net to view and send text messages.

With that said, I have an open case with them because while it shows the messages I send and the MMS messages I receive, the SMS messages I receive do not show up.

Dennis Wilson1

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I send texts to myself (to my e-mail address) from my G3 all the time. If I reply to them from my laptop (via MS Outlook), I get a text message on my G3. No other app(s) needed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11