Sprint LG G3: No Internet Connection While On a Call?

Mo Sytsma

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere or something, but when I'm on a call, my internet connection drops.

Am I just simple? Never had this issue with other phones....

Posted via the Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: No Internet Connection While On a Call?

What carrier are you on? Some carriers don't support simultaneous voice and data.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

If you're on Sprint then that is why. All their new "tri-band" phones won't do mobile data and voice at the same time unless on WiFi. Once Sprint has VoLTE then it will work as well .. but that is going to be a good while before Sprint talks about that.

Mo Sytsma

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site

I AM on Sprint. Oh, this is BS. Their service just keeps getting worse and worse.

Thanks for the info, guys!

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I left Sprint long agobecause they just kept getting worse. Calling while surfing works fine on T-Mobile.

T-Mobile G3

joe watson1

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

You get what you pay for :) when these companies advertise about how their plans are you have to ask at what expense?

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I AM on Sprint. Oh, this is BS. Their service just keeps getting worse and worse.

Thanks for the info, guys!

My brother is on Sprint and always complains about the service. I've been trying to get him to leave and join T-mobile but he refuse cus he's being stubborn again. If you leave Sprint and join T-mobile, they'll pay your ETF in terms of credit but you gotta give up your phone too and buy one of theirs.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
No Internet Connection While On a Call?

I remember seeing a commercial from AT&T a few years ago making a big deal about how you can use data while in a call.

I couldn't believe it. How much cheaper is Sprint exactly that they can't allow this? It's sad that we're in 2014 and this still isn't standard.

CMIIW but even our cheapest carrier Wind allow this.

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Coming from a Galaxy S3 (Sprint). Single band LTE allowed me to use voice & data at the same time. Now on the G3, having Tri-Band LTE, I cannot do the same. Is it a big deal? NOPE! I personally do not care about that. A few seconds, minutes or whatever time speaking on the phone, I do not use data very often. The network in my location is awesome. Friends of mine previously on Sprint jumped to T-Mobile and now... They're trying to come back to Sprint. T-Mobile to them has been very bad with their service inside and outside our locations. Funny to see back then comparing service connection for mobile reception, my old S3 had full bars and their Z1 had nothing underground in SF.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It's always been this way.

It hasn't.. On a few phones (like the S3, S4, Note, etc.) Sprint did what Verizon did and put in two radios.. That way you could use mobile data and voice at the same time... With the new tri-band phones they didn't do this.. And that's why customers can't do much unless on wifi or once Sprint rolls out VoLTE.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

No problem on AT&T

Posted via the Android Central App

AT&T and T-Moblie run on the GSM standard.. That radio can do Voice and data at the same time. CDMA can only do Voice.. Or data... Not both at the same time. That is why they're having issues.

tamiller252

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

I can't do data and voice on Verizon either. Don't know why I would try surfing the net and talking on my cellphone anyway! Sprint actually had a better LTE signal here than Verizon! Hate Verizon and T mobile had only 3g here

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463