looking for a replacement back that supports QI wireless charging and NFC

jschwartz1123

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
So I know there are several of these posts, but it's just too difficult for me to keep track of them all.

I have a black G3 with T-mobile and am just looking for a replacement back that supports QI wireless charging, as well as NFC. I would like to get as close to OEM as possible (no carrier logo is definitely a plus) and I would really like to use it with the Samsung mini wireless charging pad that I already have.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone can recommend a solid source for where I can pick one up. I'd really like to hear from the people who have purchased, and can very the quality of the product. I have read about quite a few negative outcomes, and would like to try and avoid that if possible.

Big thanks in advance for the assistance!
(on a side note) the G3 is the first phone to pull me away from apples death grip... PERMANENTLY. Couldn't be happier with my choice, but still have alot to learn.
-Joel

Posted via the Android Central App

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Yes, that's right... ANOTHER post about wireless charging with the G3

I bought the black battery door from here on eBay: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....ebay.com%2Fitm%2F151353685081&token=ZUBuVjK6 and am very happy.
There are lots of discussions as to what charger works and what one doesn't, the G3 seems to be very picky. Over at XDA there are numerous threads with numerous models listed. Most seem to be unanimous that the Tylt Vu works, but that goes for $59 on amazon.
I can only speak to what I have, the Nokia DT900, Nokia DT910, and a cheap puck from Amazon. Both Nokias will randomly disconnect for me regardless of whether I am using a case or not, just like they have for every other phone I have ever tried(except the Nexus 5 which worked flawlessly). The cheap $15 puck from amazon actually works fine, but you have to set it perfectly. The Amazon charger is powerbot pb1020 for $15.

seangprice

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

I bought one of these cases/back plates that works perfectly. 100% functional on my T-Mobile USA G3 and it fits just like the original, no gaps or weird edges. I use this in conjunction with my Nokia Qi pads that I've used with Nokia and a Nexus 5, no issues either. Qi does appear to charge slower than a regular charger though.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MN3NLM6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3865015

cbb77

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

You can also simply pickup the Qi sticker and apply to the stock back. I bought one from someone on XDA and just applied it myself, removing the existing NFC sticker. Extremely easy to do and only takes about 5 mins. Works like a charm with every charger I have. There are a few for sale now on Amazon as well. Here is a link to one. Again, I bought mine off of an individual on XDA that bought in bulk and sold them off. However these on Amazon appear to be the same. http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Charging-Antenna-Sticker-T-mobile/dp/B00MWS5L34/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1409439870&sr=8-15&keywords=LG+G3+qi

jschwartz1123

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for all the great suggestions guys, received several different product recommendations. I ended up buying this one from a pretty solid seller on ebay (can't post links just yet, but the item number is 151391080929)

I'll let you know how it goes as soon as it is in hand. Wireless charging is a huge reason why I switched to Android, so I'm really excited about this! Thanks again, it feels great to be part of the community!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek