Setting individual messaging tones for contacts

tjefferson3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi all! I'm coming from a samsung S4. Love the G3, but is there a way I can set an individual messaging tone for my contacts without using a third party app? I've only been able to set individual ringtones. On the S4 I could set individual tones for messaging through the contacts app. Thanks for any suggestions.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The AT&T G3 allows for this while some other carrier versions do not. If you are on one that doesn't have this functionality in the native contacts app then a third party messaging app is probably your only option. There are several messaging apps that offer this setting option.

tjefferson3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The AT&T G3 allows for this while some other carrier versions do not. If you are on one that doesn't have this functionality in the native contacts app then a third party messaging app is probably your only option. There are several messaging apps that offer this setting option.

Ok, I'm on TMobile. I really like the stock messaging app so I guess I'll opt for a third party ringtone app. Thanks again!

Posted via the Android Central App

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Ringo Pro. It's a paid app but it's worth it. You can customize individual call and text tones, length and intensity of vibration, led colors (if applicable) etc.

leannelizabeth1

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
It is plain silly how T-Mobile has removed this feature. There is no reason to do so. This is September 2014. Basic features such as the ability to set different text tones for different people should be standard on all smartphones straight out of the box, no third party apps needed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae