Remove lock screen camera icon?

terry.h

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I've just updated my G3 to the latest software and now have an icon on the lock screen for easy access to the camera (without unlocking first).

Is there any way to turn this off? I would rather it wasn't there.

terry.h

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh, the shortcut option only appears when I have no security or swipe enabled.

I have knock code as security and this camera icon appears in the bottom right corner of the knock code entry screen (if you tap on first).

Very strange as I haven't even seen it mentioned anywhere before.

Does everyone have the camera icon on the knock screen if knock code is their security?

dwnocturnal

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I just updated as well, and I use the security pattern...Shortcuts is greyed out for me, but I tried switching to the swipe unlock and it was accessible. I disabled the camera option and switched back to pattern and the camera icon is still there....surely there is a way to turn this off?

Chris Hauer

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've just updated my G3 to the latest software and now have an icon on the lock screen for easy access to the camera (without unlocking first).

Is there any way to turn this off? I would rather it wasn't there.

Double tap your lock screen to open camera, go to settings, disable "quick launch."

Eric Bachtell

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
The best way I have found to remove the camera icon on the lock screen - install Camera Block Free from Playstore. Once installed you get a widget that you can place on your main screen that Blocks or Unblocks the camera. If you have the camera "Blocked" then the icon does not show up on your lock screen.

Therefore to take a picture you have one extra click. Click to Unblock and then click the camera icon. The app is smart that once you click-it and unblock the camera, it will automatically "Block" the camera again after 5 minutes. And this 5-minutes is a setting in the app so you can set it to anything you want

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke