Option and settings have moved from the right to the left, help!

AZG3FAN

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
So randomly my options and settings icons have moved from the right to the left. So from the pull down tray from the top, settings has moved to the left so has the settings/option button in every app(the one that is 3 dots) and all my menus in settings so all the on/off tabs are to the left and not the right. Even in the alarm app the days are listed left to right, sunday to monday. Functionally everything works fine, its just annoying and backwards.It was not like this when I first bought the phone two weeks ago and I have not been messing around in the settings to change this, it just happened today out of nowhere. Hopefully one of you experts can help me out.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So are things actually reading backwards, or are they just rearranged? I recall seeing a similar post a while back, but we weren't able to figure out what happened. Can you post a screenshot? http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Go to Settings>Accessibility, and make sure there isn't some kind of "left-handed" or "one-handed" setting. Also go to Settings>Language & Input​, and make sure the default language is still English (US).

AZG3FAN

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response, I checked accessibility and the default language and everything looks good. Here are the screenshots
screen4.jpg
screen1.jpg
screen3.jpg
screen4.jpg

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha, thanks. :D
I love playing with settings and when I tried it first it was really strange for me so it was easy to remember. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Excellent, thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind the next time I see this issue pop up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton