Large bloatware list safe to remove for lg g3

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Warning! I am NOT responsible for damages to your phone!

I found this list of bloatware that is safe to remove.
I have deleted most of whats on the list from my phone and kept some that I wanted.
Remember to backup the files you delete, but you do not have to if you don't want to.
A zip file is available online of the complete list if you do need them again.
All credits go to neverends @ XDA
Not sure if I could post a link to it but if I can and it is requested then I will.
This is the most comprehensive list I have found online.
I have noticed my battery lasting longer since I used this list.
If you backup the files you delete make sure you create the following folders.
(system/app) (system/PRIV-APP) (system/vendor/app)
Put the respected files in the proper folders.
Save them to your sd card or PC.
These folders will make it easier to reinstall if you need to.

Proceed at your own risk!

System/app

ATT_Skyfire_Observer.apk
Book.apk - Google Book Store
Books.odex
ChromeWithBrowser.apk - Chrome Browser
ChromeWithBrowser.odex
ELTTest.Apk - Diagnostic Test
ELTTest.odex
Facebook.apk - Facebook
GnssAirTest.apk - GLONASS Airwave Test
GnssAirTest.odex
GnnsPosTest.apk - GLONASS Positioning Test
GnssPosTest.odex
GnssTest.apk - GLONASS Test
GnssTest.odex
GoogleDrive.apk - Google Drive
GoogleDrive.odex
Hangouts.apk - Google Hangouts
Hangouts.odex
LADDM.apk - Carrier IQ
LGLIA.apk - LG Intelligent Agent
LGLIA.odex
LGPartnerBookmarkProvider.apk
LGPartnerBookmarkProvider.odex
LGWernickeManager.apk
LGWernickeManager.odex
LIAInformant.apk - LG Intelligent Agent Widget
LIAInfromant.odex
Magazines.apk - Google News Stand
Magazines.odex
PlusOne.apk - Google+
PlusOne.odex
Twitter.apk
Videos.apk - Google Videos
Videos.odex
WVTest.apk - Diagnostic Test
WVTest.odex

System/PRIV-APP

AAB.apk
AAB.odex
ATT_DriveMode.apk - AT&T Driver Mode
ATT_Games.apk
ATT_Home.apk
ATT_Locker.apk
ATT_Lookout.apk
ATT_MobileLocate.apk
ATT_RemoteSupport.apk
ATT_SmartWifi.apk
ATT-Caller-NameID.apk
com.mobitv.client.tv.apk - AT&T TV
ISIS_Wallet.apk
LGBackup.apk - Back up fiels to LG
LGBackup.odex
LGBrowser.apk - Stock Browser
LGBrowser.odex
LGConciergeBoard.apk - LG Assistant
LGConciergeBoard.odex
LGConnectionWizard.apk
LGEasyHome.apk - Easy Launcher
LGEasyHome.odex
LGEmail.apk - Stock Email
LGEmail.odex
LGFavoriteContactsWidget.apk
LGFavoriteContactsWidget.odex
LGFileManager.apk
LGFileManager.odex
LGMessage.apk
LGMessage.odex
LGMusic.apk
LGMuisc.odex
LGMusicWidget.apk
LGMusicWidget.odex
LGPCSuite.apk - Share files with PC
LGPCSuite.odex
LGQVoicePlus.apk - Voice command - better to use Google Now
LGQVoicePlus.odex
LGSmartWorld.apk
LGSmartWorld.odex
LGThinkFreeViewer.apk - File viewer
LGThinkFreeViewer.odex
Ready2Go.1.7.apk - AT&T Ready2Go
VVM_ATT.apk - AT&T Visual Voicemail
VVM_ATT.odex

system/vendor/app

AmazonKindle.apk
ATT_FamilyMap.apk
ATT_HotSpots.apk
ATT_Keeper.apk
ATT_MHSLauncher.apk
ATT_Navigator.apk
ATT_Skyfire_Toolbar.apk
ATT_UBER.apk
BeatsMusic.apk
DeviceHelp.apk
myATT.apk
YPMobile.apk

Reactions: nikos3194

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for adding that, it would be great if everyone added what they have removed successfully that is not on the list. I am looking to see what else I can delete and looking at the Answer Me apk I don't see a reason to keep it.
Anyone delete that yet?

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Considering that those apps will never run in the background, I would assume yes.
They also will not take up precious memory space or use data.

Most people don't know or are scared to disable things, much less uninstall.

This is like cutting the fat off the meat.

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why people need to remove any of these. It really isn't going to do much but cause a massive headache if something goes wrong. You're better off just disabling them. So if something does go wrong and If you happen to boot loop or something you can at least factory reset. I'll never modify a stock rom ever. If bootloaders become unlocked then hello cyanogenmod. :)

Posted via AT&T LG G3.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Just so you know, I have deleted these and had no issues.
These are NOT system critical and therefor will not cause boot loop or anything else.
There is nothing that can go wrong because its simple, all you do is delete not edit any files.
If anyone were to delete for example google books or movies then there would be a security error.
You can ALWAYS recover with the LG mobile support tool.

I have the LG NITRO and recovered from boot loops and security error.
Plus when you flash with the LG tool it installs the stock firmware with any updates faster than the carrier.
Big plus is that it installs without including CIQ (carrier iq)

This list is safe, you just have to know what you are doing.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I assume this was tongue-ini-cheek, but in case anyone doesn't get that, removing Google Play Services will seriously cripple your phone.

Sorry mate not tongue in cheek. I dont use Google on my phone. I have other apps for maps, and search. I require phone, sms, email, Internet. I am not a massive app user and the ones I require are securely stored for reinstallation should the need arise. I picked this phone for the hardware not the software. Would much prefer to run Bb10 but unfortunately BB doesn't have a suitable all touch device as yet. If the z30 had a better non amoled screen would have accepted the lesser spec but the thought of a year or more looking at a cartoon amoled screen was to much to bare.

Steve/Boanerges Performance

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry mate not tongue in cheek. I dont use Google on my phone. I have other apps for maps, and search. I require phone, sms, email, Internet. I am not a massive app user and the ones I require are securely stored for reinstallation should the need arise. I picked this phone for the hardware not the software. Would much prefer to run Bb10 but unfortunately BB doesn't have a suitable all touch device as yet. If the z30 had a better non amoled screen would have accepted the lesser spec but the thought of a year or more looking at a cartoon amoled screen was to much to bare.

I feel bad for you.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
So google play store and services are good to delete?
I don't even really use it either, I have them disabled.
I'm pretty sure I deleted google now and search already.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Unlike the prior poster, I don't feel bad for you. You've made a choice, which is fine. But other users need to understand the removing Google Play Services will break pretty much every Google app on the phone, and I don't think most users will want to go Google-free, as you have.

So google play store and services are good to delete?
I don't even really use it either, I have them disabled.
I'm pretty sure I deleted google now and search already.

If you really don't want any of the Google apps and services, yes, you can delete them. But understand pretty much none of the Google apps or services will work. Play services now contains a lot of functionality that used to be in the OS itself.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I feel bad for you.

Don't feel bad mate, my phone flys, gets 5 plus hours screen on time, no lag, stutter or overheating, ram usage about 1.2 gb and does everything I need it to do. If it's BB 10 your referring to you really should try the new 10.3. For those who use their phone for work it's second to none. Runs android apps also😉

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-22-15-15-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-22-15-15-07.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 489

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Don't feel bad mate, my phone flys, gets 5 plus hours screen on time, no lag, stutter or overheating, ram usage about 1.2 gb and does everything I need it to do. If it's BB 10 your referring to you really should try the new 10.3. For those who use their phone for work it's second to none. Runs android apps also😉

If all you use your phone for is email, text and browsing, I see why you love BlackBerry so much.

You say you picked the phone for the hardware, but you really aren't using the hardware.

No offense though, to each their own. Enjoy "flying" through the list of text messages, lol.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
If all you use your phone for is email, text and browsing, I see why you love BlackBerry so much.

You say you picked the phone for the hardware, but you really aren't using the hardware.

No offense though, to each their own. Enjoy "flying" through the list of text messages, lol.

Quality build, 5.5 inch screen, removable battery, sd card, camera, otg, processor etc. All the bits that give it potential. All of it gets used. Camera pics in national magazines, I even play the occasional game😮I just don't live in a Google world. The list is about what is possible not what you should do. Enjoy your phone your way and I'll enjoy it mine.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Alright lets keep this thread going for what it is.

Anyone who has successfully deleted anything NOT on the list please tell us what it was.

Thank you

chrluc

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for being a complete noob, I am born and raised IOS, the G3 is my fist Android, and first experience with crap bloatware. to remove theses files, does this require root access, or can I just go into file browser and remove them. will it also remove the icon or does that need to be hidden forever?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome