02-25-2016 05:10 PM
30 12
tools
    Warning! I am NOT responsible for damages to your phone!

I found this list of bloatware that is safe to remove.
    I have deleted most of whats on the list from my phone and kept some that I wanted.
    Remember to backup the files you delete, but you do not have to if you don't want to.
    A zip file is available online of the complete list if you do need them again.
    All credits go to neverends @ XDA
    Not sure if I could post a link to it but if I can and it is requested then I will.
    This is the most comprehensive list I have found online.
    I have noticed my battery lasting longer since I used this list.
    If you backup the files you delete make sure you create the following folders.
    (system/app) (system/PRIV-APP) (system/vendor/app)
    Put the respected files in the proper folders.
    Save them to your sd card or PC.
    These folders will make it easier to reinstall if you need to.

Proceed at your own risk!

System/app

ATT_Skyfire_Observer.apk
    Book.apk - Google Book Store
    Books.odex
    ChromeWithBrowser.apk - Chrome Browser
    ChromeWithBrowser.odex
    ELTTest.Apk - Diagnostic Test
    ELTTest.odex
    Facebook.apk - Facebook
    GnssAirTest.apk - GLONASS Airwave Test
    GnssAirTest.odex
    GnnsPosTest.apk - GLONASS Positioning Test
    GnssPosTest.odex
    GnssTest.apk - GLONASS Test
    GnssTest.odex
    GoogleDrive.apk - Google Drive
    GoogleDrive.odex
    Hangouts.apk - Google Hangouts
    Hangouts.odex
    LADDM.apk - Carrier IQ
    LGLIA.apk - LG Intelligent Agent
    LGLIA.odex
    LGPartnerBookmarkProvider.apk
    LGPartnerBookmarkProvider.odex
    LGWernickeManager.apk
    LGWernickeManager.odex
    LIAInformant.apk - LG Intelligent Agent Widget
    LIAInfromant.odex
    Magazines.apk - Google News Stand
    Magazines.odex
    PlusOne.apk - Google+
    PlusOne.odex
    Twitter.apk
    Videos.apk - Google Videos
    Videos.odex
    WVTest.apk - Diagnostic Test
    WVTest.odex

System/PRIV-APP

AAB.apk
    AAB.odex
    ATT_DriveMode.apk - AT&T Driver Mode
    ATT_Games.apk
    ATT_Home.apk
    ATT_Locker.apk
    ATT_Lookout.apk
    ATT_MobileLocate.apk
    ATT_RemoteSupport.apk
    ATT_SmartWifi.apk
    ATT-Caller-NameID.apk
    com.mobitv.client.tv.apk - AT&T TV
    ISIS_Wallet.apk
    LGBackup.apk - Back up fiels to LG
    LGBackup.odex
    LGBrowser.apk - Stock Browser
    LGBrowser.odex
    LGConciergeBoard.apk - LG Assistant
    LGConciergeBoard.odex
    LGConnectionWizard.apk
    LGEasyHome.apk - Easy Launcher
    LGEasyHome.odex
    LGEmail.apk - Stock Email
    LGEmail.odex
    LGFavoriteContactsWidget.apk
    LGFavoriteContactsWidget.odex
    LGFileManager.apk
    LGFileManager.odex
    LGMessage.apk
    LGMessage.odex
    LGMusic.apk
    LGMuisc.odex
    LGMusicWidget.apk
    LGMusicWidget.odex
    LGPCSuite.apk - Share files with PC
    LGPCSuite.odex
    LGQVoicePlus.apk - Voice command - better to use Google Now
    LGQVoicePlus.odex
    LGSmartWorld.apk
    LGSmartWorld.odex
    LGThinkFreeViewer.apk - File viewer
    LGThinkFreeViewer.odex
    Ready2Go.1.7.apk - AT&T Ready2Go
    VVM_ATT.apk - AT&T Visual Voicemail
    VVM_ATT.odex

system/vendor/app

AmazonKindle.apk
    ATT_FamilyMap.apk
    ATT_HotSpots.apk
    ATT_Keeper.apk
    ATT_MHSLauncher.apk
    ATT_Navigator.apk
    ATT_Skyfire_Toolbar.apk
    ATT_UBER.apk
    BeatsMusic.apk
    DeviceHelp.apk
    myATT.apk
    YPMobile.apk
    Theodore Anderson likes this.
    09-04-2014 01:43 AM
    Don't forget Google now, playstore, services, maps, search.

Steve/Boanerges Performance
    09-04-2014 02:12 AM
    Thanks for adding that, it would be great if everyone added what they have removed successfully that is not on the list. I am looking to see what else I can delete and looking at the Answer Me apk I don't see a reason to keep it.
    Anyone delete that yet?
    09-04-2014 12:52 PM
    Disabled that. Soon for the bin

09-05-2014 01:00 PM
    Answerme.apk safe to delete.
    09-12-2014 01:13 AM
    So has this helped anyone's battery life?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-12-2014 05:31 AM
    Considering that those apps will never run in the background, I would assume yes.
    They also will not take up precious memory space or use data.

Most people don't know or are scared to disable things, much less uninstall.

This is like cutting the fat off the meat.
    09-12-2014 12:13 PM
    Don't forget Google now, playstore, services, maps, search.

I assume this was tongue-ini-cheek, but in case anyone doesn't get that, removing Google Play Services will seriously cripple your phone.
    09-12-2014 12:26 PM
    This might be true but I just disabled them.
    09-12-2014 03:02 PM
    I don't see why people need to remove any of these. It really isn't going to do much but cause a massive headache if something goes wrong. You're better off just disabling them. So if something does go wrong and If you happen to boot loop or something you can at least factory reset. I'll never modify a stock rom ever. If bootloaders become unlocked then hello cyanogenmod.

Posted via AT&T LG G3.
    Joltcola1234 and Marqwerty like this.
    09-12-2014 03:17 PM
    Just so you know, I have deleted these and had no issues.
    These are NOT system critical and therefor will not cause boot loop or anything else.
    There is nothing that can go wrong because its simple, all you do is delete not edit any files.
    If anyone were to delete for example google books or movies then there would be a security error.
    You can ALWAYS recover with the LG mobile support tool.

I have the LG NITRO and recovered from boot loops and security error.
    Plus when you flash with the LG tool it installs the stock firmware with any updates faster than the carrier.
    Big plus is that it installs without including CIQ (carrier iq)

This list is safe, you just have to know what you are doing.
    09-12-2014 05:01 PM
    I assume this was tongue-ini-cheek, but in case anyone doesn't get that, removing Google Play Services will seriously cripple your phone.
    Sorry mate not tongue in cheek. I dont use Google on my phone. I have other apps for maps, and search. I require phone, sms, email, Internet. I am not a massive app user and the ones I require are securely stored for reinstallation should the need arise. I picked this phone for the hardware not the software. Would much prefer to run Bb10 but unfortunately BB doesn't have a suitable all touch device as yet. If the z30 had a better non amoled screen would have accepted the lesser spec but the thought of a year or more looking at a cartoon amoled screen was to much to bare.

09-12-2014 05:28 PM
    Sorry mate not tongue in cheek. I dont use Google on my phone. I have other apps for maps, and search. I require phone, sms, email, Internet. I am not a massive app user and the ones I require are securely stored for reinstallation should the need arise. I picked this phone for the hardware not the software. Would much prefer to run Bb10 but unfortunately BB doesn't have a suitable all touch device as yet. If the z30 had a better non amoled screen would have accepted the lesser spec but the thought of a year or more looking at a cartoon amoled screen was to much to bare.

I feel bad for you.
    09-12-2014 07:21 PM
    So google play store and services are good to delete?
    I don't even really use it either, I have them disabled.
    I'm pretty sure I deleted google now and search already.
    09-12-2014 10:42 PM

Unlike the prior poster, I don't feel bad for you. You've made a choice, which is fine. But other users need to understand the removing Google Play Services will break pretty much every Google app on the phone, and I don't think most users will want to go Google-free, as you have.

So google play store and services are good to delete?
    I don't even really use it either, I have them disabled.
    I'm pretty sure I deleted google now and search already.
    If you really don't want any of the Google apps and services, yes, you can delete them. But understand pretty much none of the Google apps or services will work. Play services now contains a lot of functionality that used to be in the OS itself.
    09-12-2014 10:51 PM
    I feel bad for you.
    Don't feel bad mate, my phone flys, gets 5 plus hours screen on time, no lag, stutter or overheating, ram usage about 1.2 gb and does everything I need it to do. If it's BB 10 your referring to you really should try the new 10.3. For those who use their phone for work it's second to none. Runs android apps also😉

Attached Thumbnails Large bloatware list safe to remove for lg g3-screenshot_2014-08-22-15-15-07.jpg  
    09-13-2014 02:01 AM
    Don't feel bad mate, my phone flys, gets 5 plus hours screen on time, no lag, stutter or overheating, ram usage about 1.2 gb and does everything I need it to do. If it's BB 10 your referring to you really should try the new 10.3. For those who use their phone for work it's second to none. Runs android apps also😉

If all you use your phone for is email, text and browsing, I see why you love BlackBerry so much.

You say you picked the phone for the hardware, but you really aren't using the hardware.

No offense though, to each their own. Enjoy "flying" through the list of text messages, lol.
    09-13-2014 02:08 AM
    If all you use your phone for is email, text and browsing, I see why you love BlackBerry so much.

You say you picked the phone for the hardware, but you really aren't using the hardware.

No offense though, to each their own. Enjoy "flying" through the list of text messages, lol.
    Quality build, 5.5 inch screen, removable battery, sd card, camera, otg, processor etc. All the bits that give it potential. All of it gets used. Camera pics in national magazines, I even play the occasional game😮I just don't live in a Google world. The list is about what is possible not what you should do. Enjoy your phone your way and I'll enjoy it mine.

09-13-2014 03:45 AM
    Alright lets keep this thread going for what it is.

Anyone who has successfully deleted anything NOT on the list please tell us what it was.

Thank you
    09-13-2014 01:30 PM
    Sorry for being a complete noob, I am born and raised IOS, the G3 is my fist Android, and first experience with crap bloatware. to remove theses files, does this require root access, or can I just go into file browser and remove them. will it also remove the icon or does that need to be hidden forever?
    09-14-2014 02:01 AM
    Sorry for being a complete noob, I am born and raised IOS, the G3 is my fist Android, and first experience with crap bloatware. to remove theses files, does this require root access, or can I just go into file browser and remove them. will it also remove the icon or does that need to be hidden forever?
    It requires root access. "Bloatware" is a suggestive term though, not all of this above list would be considered "bloat" to everyone, especially those talking about removing Google services.

I only consider bloat to be apps or programs that are running, draining battery, slowing the phone, or otherwise having a negative impact on your device. Most of the above files are not having any negative impact on the performance of the G3. I can't speak to AT&T, but I was able to simply uninstall most of the carrier apps on my G3 with no problem at all.

Worrying about striping the phone bare of anything at all running except the basics isn't something I'd worry about if I were you.
    09-14-2014 02:58 AM
    I have had google services disabled for a while now so I don't think it has anything to do with the OS other than google play store related things, I don't know much about any other google apps since I never use them and either have deleted them or disabled them. Either way less stuff on the phone and less stuff running in the background.
    09-14-2014 07:07 PM
    Any updates for Lollipop version?
    I know since I got a replacement there are more apps preinstalled than KitKat.
    Doing a little debloating right now and would like to know and verify all that can be removed.
    Has anyone had problems with any removal?
    04-20-2015 07:12 PM
    Thank you for the list, Can you please tell me did you use Titanium Backup to remove
    this bloatware or a root browser?
    07-26-2015 02:58 PM
    Root browser by JRummy
    07-27-2015 07:40 PM
30 12