G3: Regrets? Happy? On the Fence?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have not had an LG before, and so the only thing that is in the back of my mind is the fact that I keep reading that LG has a poor updating history and slow to fix issues if any. I hope the culture has changed and they improve on this to keep customers happy and increase their retention.

mpetruzz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the marketing field and the only people that write reviews are the ones that like to ***** vs ones who are happy. This phone is selling like crazy and the s5 is a bomb. Once the boot loader gets cracked this phone will be insane!!!

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the marketing field and the only people that write reviews are the ones that like to ***** vs ones who are happy. This phone is selling like crazy and the s5 is a bomb. Once the boot loader gets cracked this phone will be insane!!!
I wonder if there is any sales data available? Maybe too early.

mpetruzz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I got into an argument today from an isheep user saying my g3 was too big. When I told him the new iPhone is only .25 inches shorter but has a .75 smaller screen he didnt have much too say!!!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I got into an argument today from an isheep user saying my g3 was too big. When I told him the new iPhone is only .25 inches shorter but has a .75 smaller screen he didnt have much too say!!!

Heh heh heh. Well done.

Posted via Android Central App

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere, can't remember where now, that sales have already exceeded 10 million.

That's because it's not true. Google "LG G3 Sales figures" and you won't find anything saying they've sold over 10 million. They're "projecting" hitting 10 million for the first time ever. They're are no figures released yet and 10,000,000 is a lot of phones

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Pat Kerby

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I have against this phone is the Charger is too short and when I bought a new 6ft cord it won't work yet it claimed to be for LG G3.....this sucks! Any advice on where to buy a 6ft cord and plug base???

Posted via the Android Central App

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I love the amazing size, the battery life, the knock code, the icon customizations, and the camera.
The screen doesn't wow me like it does others. Just my opinion but I find it overrated. I love it, don't get me wrong, but there is not enough stuff out to really take advantage of it and the videos that came with it sucked. I wanted something with more color and more of a "wow" factor.
The lag is a pain sometimes, but its nothing a software update won't fix. All in all, I am happy with the device and love how well rounded LG made the phone.

Verizon g3

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I love the phone, the biggest complaint I have is the charger is so tempermental. I have to use certain ones or it doesnt work for me, even though they work perfetcly fine on my other phones/tablets. Aside from that very awesome phone, and I use tons of phones (Moto X, One m8, Galaxy s5, G3, and I always an iPhone). No regrets at all for me!

I have to echo this, thought I haven't really tried different chargers, I find the one shipped with the phone is actually kind of difficult to plug in. Sometimes it kind of feels like I'm jamming at it to try and get it in there. Previous phones have always been a cinch, never even thought about it. With the G3 it always feels like a battle trying to get it plugged in at night, especially in the dark, lol.

Parnelli98

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I have to echo this, thought I haven't really tried different chargers, I find the one shipped with the phone is actually kind of difficult to plug in. Sometimes it kind of feels like I'm jamming at it to try and get it in there. Previous phones have always been a cinch, never even thought about it. With the G3 it always feels like a battle trying to get it plugged in at night, especially in the dark, lol.

I have/had the same problems with the micro USB plug with my G3 (using the original charge cable). I've discovered a method to prevent jamming (at least for me!): have the phone face up when plugging in the cable, and to slightly tilt the nose of the plug downward while inserting it into the G3. More often than not, it will go right in with no problems.

BTW, other than that little problem, I have not regretted buying the G3. Even with the new phones out since (the new Moto X looks good!), I'm sticking with my G3

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
That's because it's not true. Google "LG G3 Sales figures" and you won't find anything saying they've sold over 10 million. They're "projecting" hitting 10 million for the first time ever. They're are no figures released yet and 10,000,000 is a lot of phones

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I must admit I was staggered because I shouldn't have thought they'd have had time to approach anything like that figure yet. I'll try to do some remembering and find the reference.

Later: Dang, I can't remember or find the link I posted in one of the threads. I believe the source was something here on AC.

Edit 2 wks later: I may have found it, see post further down.

Last edited:

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I purchased it and freaked out (lol) because of what I thought was overheating but it was just the phone getting warm. I'm 100% happy with my rooted LG G3. Trying to unroot it but my phone doesn't want to work with me so ehh. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
New lg g3 owner... Coming from a samsung... Was going to get the Note 3...or possibly wait for the Note 4, but saw a demo in the airport... I was intrigued. Since getting the phone I have not looked back. This thing is a beast. I love love love this g3! Screen size is perfect, form factor is great, and the power/volume on the back is a huge plus... I never even thought that I would like it, but after trying it, I don't think I could live without it!

Posted via the Android Central App

AzharB17

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
My father has one, and believe me, he is really really fussy. No phone for him is perfect in any way, and he's owned many smartphones. However the G3 really works for him well and there is no real lack/problem with it. It's the first phone ever he hasn't had a big complaint about

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2